JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Action 5 Breaking News....

"Our man Ted Nugent is live at the scene for a exclusive interview with the intruder."
"Now to Ted......Err...Nevermind...it was a short interview with a long lunch break."
Andy

Last week I nearly hit 3 deer at two different times while driving my Willys jeep and on my way to work in the pickup. Both well within the city limits of Silverton. The week before there was a Nice 3 point Blacktail just wandering up Westfield past Safeway. I have seen as many as four Bucks bedded down in a backyard here in town. Last year we had a Doe walk through our front gate nibble some grass then take the side gate into the neighbors yard and beyond.

I love this one... Season is over.
season Over.jpg

We have quite a few deer where I live, but most people are aware of them and the speed limit is 25mph. What I really have to look out for are the Kamikaze Squirrels. They run halfway across the road, then usually change their minds and run back.
Animal Squirrel Squark.jpg

We have quite a few deer where I live, but most people are aware of them and the speed limit is 25mph. What I really have to look out for are the Kamikaze Squirrels. They run halfway across the road, then usually change their minds and run back.
View attachment 1074624
I used to swerve to avoid them but after seeing how/why they do what they do, now I just punch it and aim straight ahead.

Jumping? Or bounding? If it was bounding, it was happy... :)
I guess you could say it was bounding.

Usually they slowly walk thru unless something has spooked them. Not sure what would spook them right now - no hunting goes on on our properties that I know of, and the dogs are kept on a leash. I have seen coyotes in the area at the same time as deer, so maybe a coyote or three was prowling around. Maybe a cougar.

Deer up here get hunted by everything, and I am sure they don't like the dogs everybody has, so they are much more wild acting usually.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top