JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Cop shot as child pulls his trigger at school

(SACRAMENTO.CBSLOCAL) — A Lodi Police SWAT officer had a Glock 35 with a flashlight in his thigh holster at a children’s reading event when a boy managed to pull the trigger and shoot the officer.

“It doesn’t have an external safety or anything like that,” said Lt. Sierra Brucia with the department. “The gun functioned how it was supposed to. When the trigger was pulled, the gun went off.”

The officer was showing off the department’s SWAT truck, vest and other gear at a children’s event called Reading Roundup on Aug. 24.

“A small child, witnesses tell us was 6 to 8 years old, was able to walk up to the officer and was able to pull the trigger.”

--------------
Don't get me wrong, they function well. I am just not fond of them. Too many stories like this out there involving them.

Cop shot as child pulls his trigger at school

(SACRAMENTO.CBSLOCAL) — A Lodi Police SWAT officer had a Glock 35 with a flashlight in his thigh holster at a children's reading event when a boy managed to pull the trigger and shoot the officer.

"It doesn't have an external safety or anything like that," said Lt. Sierra Brucia with the department. "The gun functioned how it was supposed to. When the trigger was pulled, the gun went off."

The officer was showing off the department's SWAT truck, vest and other gear at a children's event called Reading Roundup on Aug. 24.

"A small child, witnesses tell us was 6 to 8 years old, was able to walk up to the officer and was able to pull the trigger."

--------------
Don't get me wrong, they function well. I am just not fond of them. Too many stories like this out there involving them.

There's something very fishy about this story - I personally haven't come across a law enforcement holster that would allow someone to pull the trigger while still fully engaged in the holster. Very odd.

But I'm curious why the hate on Glocks over this issue (I'm huge Glock fan myself, but I do own one). Many other striker-fired pistols don't have external safeties - take my M&P as an example. And what about a revolver? They've been around far longer and don't have an external safety- they could just as easily be fired by someone pulling the trigger. I think your issue might be with guns in general that don't have a traditional, lever-type safety. Glock is certainly not unique in this area. In this case, something went really wrong when a child had the ability to get a finger into a trigger guard.

Just another dumb a** cop that is the only one qualified in the room to handle a gun and gets shot with his own gun:s0140::s0140:
there is a higher being in charge of life

wait... i thought that a school was no placed for heavily armed and armored individuals? its supposed to be a distraction from a healthy childhood or something like that, these things just make less and less sense every day.

If he were carrying in either of these two holsters, I can imagine it happening. He should have been paying more attention or used a better quality holster.

Excuse the pictures, shamelessly stolen from other websites:

lWsA444.jpg

t07fLNh.jpg

The first from Google, the second from The Truth About Guns

If he were carrying in either of these two holsters, I can imagine it happening. He should have been paying more attention or used a better quality holster.

Excuse the pictures, shamelessly stolen from other websites:

lWsA444.jpg

t07fLNh.jpg

The first from Google, the second from The Truth About Guns

Even with those holsters the kid would have had to unsnapped it and raise the gun in order to get their finger into the trigger. Meaning the cop was not attentive and deserved what he got.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top