JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am given to understand that Trail Boss will work in any cartridge as long as you do not compress it.

But it will not result in typical rifle type velocities in a rifle cartridge.

As others have pointed out, shotgun and handgun crossover powders, not a problem. Rifle velocity powders in cartridges like 7.62x51? Nope. Going to have to go to rifle powders.

I can see the reasons for wanting such a powder; it would be useful for any cartridge and a having a larger supply of it would mean you would be less likely to run out of powder for any cartridge.

That said, anymore I buy commercial ammo for the types of ammo I desire and can buy off the shelf. Given the time and effort to work up cartridges vs. the time it takes to make the $$$ to buy it off the shelf, it is just easier, takes less time to buy it, the ammo is usually more consistent and I can buy it in bulk.

Only very specialized ammo do I reload. Low power loads for magnum handguns, and for rifles - that is what I reload. Other loads I would do myself would be sabots, special bullets (like light cast bullets for large caliber cartridges) and so on. Most of that is covered by Trail Boss.

YMMV

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads