JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
One-Percenters Gun Control Would Mean 'Handgun Registration' for Washington State
http://www.nraila.org/news-issues/i...andgun-registration-for-washington-state.aspx

AND

NRA-ILA | Washington Gun Control Ballot Measure Would Criminalize Common Common Firing Range Occurance
http://www.nraila.org/news-issues/in-the-news/2014/9/washington-gun-control-ballot-measure-would-criminalize-common-common-firing-range-occurance.aspx
Washington Gun Control Ballot Measure Would Criminalize Common Common Firing Range Occurance
Posted on September 11, 2014
Print Email Share
A gun control ballot measure expected in the upcoming elections in Washington State could turn law-abiding citizens into criminals by the thousands at places like gun shows and gun ranges.
According to the National Rifle Association (NRA), Ballot Initiative 594 could make the act of simply lending one's gun to another person without a background check by a licensed dealer, at a firing range, for example, illegal.
The NRA contends that I-594, if passed, would make it that essentially each time a firearm changes hands, the transfer would have to be processed through a licensed dealer.
Read More: Breitbart.com
Learn more about this anti-gun initiative by visiting http://www.VoteNo594.com

Washington already has a handgun registry...this would mean ALL gun registry. Why should I be criminalized for sharing my firearms with a friend. I already feel insulted when I have to go thru a NICS check at a FFL. The stress of being denied because of a clerical error is ever looming and that stress would double when its a rare or family heirloom firearm that you are lending a friend or family member. How many times have you taken a loved one out for a day of plinking to show them a few firearms before they made a purchase?

original.jpg?w=600&h

One-Percenters Gun Control Would Mean 'Handgun Registration' for Washington State
http://www.nraila.org/news-issues/i...andgun-registration-for-washington-state.aspx

AND

NRA-ILA | Washington Gun Control Ballot Measure Would Criminalize Common Common Firing Range Occurance
http://www.nraila.org/news-issues/in-the-news/2014/9/washington-gun-control-ballot-measure-would-criminalize-common-common-firing-range-occurance.aspx
Washington Gun Control Ballot Measure Would Criminalize Common Common Firing Range Occurance
Print Email Share
A gun control ballot measure expected in the upcoming elections in Washington State could turn law-abiding citizens into criminals by the thousands at places like gun shows and gun ranges.
According to the National Rifle Association (NRA), Ballot Initiative 594 could make the act of simply lending one's gun to another person without a background check by a licensed dealer, at a firing range, for example, illegal.
The NRA contends that I-594, if passed, would make it that essentially each time a firearm changes hands, the transfer would have to be processed through a licensed dealer.
Learn more about this anti-gun initiative by visiting http://www.VoteNo594.com

OTE="Taku, post: 1150450, member: 539"]One-Percenters Gun Control Would Mean 'Handgun Registration' for Washington State

AND

Print Email Share
Learn more about this anti-gun initiative by visiting http://www.VoteNo594.com[/QUOTE]
Rex

Rex wretching!!!!! How dare you put that hag on this thread, now I have to go get more lunch!!!!!!o_O

The gross pig Pic is on post #4....wretching again........

Last Edited:
Yeah I just watched the debate last night that Komo News did, which can be viewed here <broken link removed>

Ralph from WAGR tried to say that the pro gun side were lying and that it absolutely did not have registration in the bill... And then later on he kept talking about how the registration is needed... I594 absolutely creates a total handgun registry in WA state. We all need to make sure we vote and convince everyone we know to make sure they are registered to vote and vote NO on 594. I've already convinced a couple of people that would have voted yes on it to vote no after I explained exactly why it is so bad.

Yeah I just watched the debate last night that Komo News did, which can be viewed here <broken link removed>

Ralph from WAGR tried to say that the pro gun side were lying and that it absolutely did not have registration in the bill... And then later on he kept talking about how the registration is needed... I594 absolutely creates a total handgun registry in WA state. We all need to make sure we vote and convince everyone we know to make sure they are registered to vote and vote NO on 594. I've already convinced a couple of people that would have voted yes on it to vote no after I explained exactly why it is so bad.

If you took one of these individuals and placed them in a scenario of self defense, life or death, and vividly described what our Constitution consists of to protect themselves you will begin to change minds. Our most powerful ally with this is common sense persuasion. Knowledge of our current laws is empowerment by itself. That alone could be enough to turn the tide even more.

Here in is the battle, most people will not even read laws, due to either fear, or misinterpretation, or just plain ole ignorance. If you empowered to vote on something, you most undoubtedly do your research first.

The news broadcast is not even worth watching in my opinion, I know how downright dumb it would be. Then again I am biased or made up my mind. Not, knowing the Constitution is a Responsibility.

"Total" is correct.

FWIW, it would be expanding the WA DOL pistol registry (which is quite readily accessible from the computer in every cop car in the state) to include every legal transfer of a handgun except for between spouses or gifts to family (I'm sure that will be amended later...)

Picture1.png

Last Edited:
"Total" is correct.

FWIW, it would be expanding the WA DOL pistol registry (which is quite readily accessible from the computer in every copy in the state) to include every legal transfer of a handgun except for between spouses or gifts to family (I'm sure that will be amended later...)

View attachment 103150
And I'm sure if this passes it won't be long before the legislature expands the registry to include all firearms not just hand guns

And I'm sure if this passes it won't be long before the legislature expands the registry to include all firearms not just hand guns

http://cdn.americanprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/AssaultWeapons-report.pdf

It has made headlines all over:

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2014/09/12/finally-waving-the-white-flag-on-the-assault-weapons-ban/

"...The CAP report makes official what advocates have aimed for since the post-Newtown focus landed on background checks. A ProPublica report this week quoted a series of advocates saying they officially support an assault weapons ban but have abandoned the fight for it.
"We've very much changed our strategy to focus on public safety measures that will save the most lives," Shannon Watts, the founder of Mr. Bloomberg's Moms Demand Action, told ProPublica.
Instead, CAP makes an argument for six policy prescriptions that are equally unlikely to receive a hearing in a Congress with zero appetite for any gun restrictions: implement background checks for all gun sales, force dealers to report to the federal government multiple sales of long guns, expand the prohibition on interstate handgun sales to include shotguns and rifles, forbid the use or possession of machine guns by people younger than 16, and require licenses and permits to possess an assault rifle or manufacture guns using 3D printers...."

What blew me away was how much the Washginton Ceasefire guy didn't talk about making sure criminals didn't have guns but rather "taking away the rights of people." He said that phrase lots of times during the course of the town hall. I also like the part about how, "if people think you are a danger to society, you are involuntarily committed and we remove their gun rights." Exactly the issue, gun rights denied with absolutely no due process. I can't believe they let him just outright lie on the program though. That's poor journalism honestly. The funniest thing was every time an issue making normal citizens felons was brought up they referenced one prosecutor, who they couldn't stress enough was republican, said he didn't think they would be prosecuted, even when a prosecutor in the audience told him he was wrong.

IMO Phil from SAF was a little weak though.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top