JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
All,
Been looking to scratch a bad Glock itch. Been reading, shooting, fondling, educating, all I can on Glock the last month or more. Last night I decided I was going to purchase 2 today. A 23, and a 27. Then I woke up and thought, "why both?". That is the question I can't seem to answer. The easy answer would be "because I can". Interested in the feedback I get here.
Primary Role of both guns will be carry. Possibly both at the same time.
Thanks!
Cord

I'm waiting til next month before I can pick up my G23 gen 4 (delay transaction). It will be my first Glock so I'm pretty excited. I couldn't pass up the LE discount of $398 plus one extra mag.

Can you get us all that great deal? Ill take 2 right now:D

Sure is a nice thought anyways!!

You don't have to be in LE to get that deal. You can be a college student enrolled in C.J. and get that deal. There's a big list who can qualify. I got it because I work for the airlines, and I'm not even an FFDO. Keith's is the only Glock LE provider in the Portland area that I know of. We use to get HK's for about half off a few years back.

Hopefully this can hel some people out who can qualify:

Sworn Law Enforcement Officers or Federal Agents, Retired Law Enforcement Officers or Retired Federal Agents with "retired" credentials, Corrections Officers, including Parole & Probation Officers, State licensed Security Companies, State licensed Security Officers, Active Military, National Guard, or Military Reserve personnel - all branches, Legitimately retired military veterans, with "retired" military I.D. Licensed Para- Medics or EMTs, Fire Fighters (including volunteers) with appropriate I.D. All TSA employees, Commercial Pilot License holders, regardless of class & Federal Flight Deck Officers, Court Judges, District Attorneys and Deputy District Attorneys, LE Academy or College students with proof of enrollment in a Criminal Justice Program.

I am a 9mm guy so I have the 19 and owned the 26 for a while thinking the same way you are but what I found is If you plan on putting the 2 round finger extension or extended mag on the 27 it will have the same grip size as the 23 gaining you nothing except a ½ in shorter bbl. The imprint will be the same. So now I have a green 19 and a black 19 so I can be color coordinated if I need be.

Just a FYI

I don't see any reason to buy both unless you just want to buy both. The 23 is perfectly easy to conceal unless you are a gnome and easier to grip and control. The 27 might be easier to carry in say a fanny pack or something along those lines but if you're the kind of guy who wears a fanny pack I'd say you have bigger problems to worry about than which gun to buy.

Lol All good stuff guys. The 27 with extension is 23 sized, well close enough. It's more of a want, and can have situation. I was gonna get a 19 but, with conversion barrels, I couldn't see losing the option of .40.

I grabbed a 27, still toiling with the 23.

shoot if you can afford them, get them all! lol that's how everyone looks at it eventually. And you are definitely correct on 27 being the same size as a 23 with those pinky extension.

I like the 27. I carry a 22 for a duty gun and bought the 27 for my back up and off duty. The 27 is great for concealment (no sharp edges) and I carry the mags for my 22 for reloads.
hker71

The good thing is that if you get a 23 and a 27.... you can use the 23 mags in the 27 (you can also use the G22 15 round mags and the factory 22 round .40 cal. mags in either 23 or 27). Also if you have an extra hundred dollars you can get a lonewolf 9mm conversion barrel, and get a couple of dedicated glock 9mm mags. I am pretty sure if you get the conversion barrel for the G23, you can use it in the G27. I got my G23 Gen4 with the LEO discount and it was $455 with factory Glock night sights. I also have the conversion barrel so it's a bit cheaper to go shooting..... also I always wanted factory 33 round mags lol.
If possible, get the Gen4 Glocks because the rough texture grip, the mag release, and the duel recoil (on the G23) feels much better when compared to Gen3.... and I believe you get one extra mag with the Gen4 Glocks.

Also if a friend or family who is able to use the discount tried to buy the guns for you and sells them to you privately... I think you can do that. As far as I know since it's a private sale, I don't see anything illegal about it. Correct me if I am wrong. I also wanna say that there is a two gun per person per year limit on that discount but I am not 100% sure.

Do yourself a favor and buy a G19 or G30. You will not like the .40cal. Had G22 and G27 and sold them both and went to .45acp. My buddy was not sold on the .45acp until he shot mine, now guess who's G23 is for sale!

I'm really likening the versatility here. Today I Picked up a Glock 23 mag, and grip sleeve for the 27. Great carry choice in my opinion. Also picked up a 22 round extreme back up mag incasee the fur really begins to fly. Leaving the 19 bone stock. Just got some good zombie ammo for it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top