JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Lots of comments there. None seem to be in his favor.

What I think is one of the best points in the "comments"

Brad Ems · Kirkwood, Missouri
So this guy comes out of retirement for the expressed purpose of advocating:

* Torture
* Murder
* Evisceration of the Bill of Rights
* Criminalization of America;s oldest civil rights organization

And the Des Moines Register publishes it? Did someone leave the lid off a gallon of paint thinner over there?

What an as whole, people like that are so out of touch with reality. I really like the part where he says that if some people wont give up their guns that "Prying them out of their cold, dead hands" was ok with him. So how would he accomplish this? with the use of guns and voilence? and what about the young shooters in America that believe in the 2A? it would be ok to harm those children to get their weapons?. All I can say is IDIOT---1) a re-tarded person mentally equal or inferior to a child two years old 2) a very foolish or stupid person, Webesters New World Dictionary.

It always amazes me that anti gun people are so violent. It seems that their answer to the "problem" always involves force up to and including murder if it suits their cause.

I can't remember the exact quote or where I heard it but it went something to the effect of "I will concour you by force to so I can show you our peaceful ways"

He'd be welcome to come to my home and try to confiscate mine,........

.......if mine hadn't all been lost in a "tragic boating accident" last week....;)

It always amazes me that anti gun people are so violent. It seems that their answer to the "problem" always involves force up to and including murder if it suits their cause.

I can't remember the exact quote or where I heard it but it went something to the effect of "I will concour you by force to so I can show you our peaceful ways"
Exactly, My violence is acceptable because it is intended to stop violence in our society and promote peace and any one that doesnt agree will be shot! LOL what a crock

Guns aren't the problem, it's jack A's like this guy who say "oh, the terrible violence guns do" then goes on to say gun owners who refuse to give up their 2A rights should be killed and our republican leaders should be dragged behind a truck. Maybe we should repeal this bigots 1A rights. I would love to kick this guys soap box out from under him.

The guy seems to have anger and possibly mental issues as well. I sure hope someone checks in on him, before he does something crazy. Mental issues are the whole problem to begin with, not guns.

Good point. Someone needs to have him committed for a 48hr psych hold for threats to kill. He is a danger to society based on his OWN words.

Or maybe Homeland Security. After all the things he mention are terrorist in nature.

I don't remember the NRA killing anybody so I'm not sure where the connection is that they're somehow responsible for a bunch of gun deaths...Why is it so hard for people to realize the founding fathers wrote the Constitution and the Bill of Rights the way they did for a reason, and frankly they appear to be a heck of a lot smarter than most people in government these days...Why is something with which he doesn't agree "poorly written?" The only thing I found to be poorly written was the article because the author is a dumbass...

Des Moines Register publishes gun-ban column advocating deadly violence against NRA, GOP leaders | Fox News

Donald Kaul retired earlier this year. Now he has decided to return to writing occasional opinion columns for OtherWords.org. The Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in Newtown, Conn. brought out all his ugliness.

In a column that appeared after the shooting with the headline "Kaul: Nation needs a new agenda on guns," he proposed a new liberal agenda: repeal the Second Amendment, declare the NRA a terrorist organization and make membership illegal, and well, make violent threats to Republican leaders and NRA members. The Des Moines Register published this junk on December 29.

"I would tie Mitch McConnell and John Boehner, our esteemed Republican leaders, to the back of a Chevy pickup truck and drag them around a parking lot until they saw the light on gun control," he wrote. Is that a threatening James Byrd reference? "And if that didn’t work, I’d adopt radical measures," he continued.

This was how he spelled out the other agenda items, which included killing NRA members who wouldn't surrender their arms:

"Here, then, is my “madder-than-hell-and-I’m-not-going-to-take-it-anymore” program for ending gun violence in America:

• Repeal the Second Amendment, the part about guns anyway. It’s badly written, confusing and more trouble than it’s worth. It offers an absolute right to gun ownership, but it puts it in the context of the need for a “well-regulated militia.” We don’t make our militia bring their own guns to battles. And surely the Founders couldn’t have envisioned weapons like those used in the Newtown shooting when they guaranteed gun rights. Owning a gun should be a privilege, not a right.

• Declare the NRA a terrorist organization and make membership illegal. Hey! We did it to the Communist Party, and the NRA has led to the deaths of more of us than American Commies ever did. (I would also raze the organization’s headquarters, clear the rubble and salt the earth, but that’s optional.) Make ownership of unlicensed assault rifles a felony. If some people refused to give up their guns, that “prying the guns from their cold, dead hands” thing works for me."

The so-called "news" media love to blame conservatives for the declining civility of our democratic discourse, but the hateful venom spewed by supposedly enlightened liberals like Kaul is as vicious as it gets.

Publishing death threats is bad enough, but doing so in the name of promoting a more peaceful, compassionate society is beyond sick. But this clown will probably never realize the absurdity of his argument.

Tim Graham is director of media analysis at the Media Research Center and senior editor of MRC’s blog NewsBusters.

Read more: Des Moines Register publishes gun-ban column advocating deadly violence against NRA, GOP leaders | Fox News

perhaps every gun owner should file a restraining order against him - if he comes within 500 ft of anyone they could call it in and have him arrested for violating the restraining order.

Some people are just idiots. Just because they have thoughts rattling around in their idiotic minds doesn't mean that they should share them. Come to think of it, I guess that's the difference between idiots and everyone else.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top