JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This one was just posted on June 3rd 2013, and I don't believe it has been released before.

What makes this video different than most of the others is that it shows the water receding then returning as surge in a small coastal river ( I don't know the name of the river or the town). If you live in coastal Washington or Oregon this might be an idea of what to expect when the big one finally hits here. The first thing I thought of while watching this video was the Chehalis River and some of its smaller tributaries (Wishkah, Hoquiam), and the Wilipa.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't believe how long those people rubbernecked that river. The minute my river starts flowing backwards, I'm getting the hell out of dodge.

Edit: The youtube vids category is "comedy"

Wtf? Lmao

I can't believe how long those people rubbernecked that river. The minute my river starts flowing backwards, I'm getting the hell out of dodge.

Wtf? Lmao

That always gets me too, especially since the Japanese have a little more experience with tsunamis that we do here. When that big one does come it'll be a safe bet that there will be plenty of videos of people in NW coastal towns rubbernecking, then running for every tall building and hill they can find.
If these videos taught me anything, it is the minute the ground stops shaking it's time to head for the hills.

Well at least the fires started at the same time it started snowing and getting dark.
Dang, that'd suck.
They say that if a big one off the coast hits.. like 9+, it'll wipe out most all of Portland etc.
Heck, just the tide affects the rivers all the way up to the Oregon City falls.. many cars get swept away at the Meldrum Bar just due to the tide.. and that's a heck of a long way from the ocean but probably only 70' above sea level.

Wtf? Lmao

You ain't kidding! Did you seethe way John, Paul & Ringo walked off the foot bridge with little grins on their faces? If my river starts moving backward, I'm outta here!

And why is t that when I went to Youtube, had a video of someone popping a blackhead marked "recommended for you"(WTF?). Of course, I watched it('natch) and the top rated comment was one word. Respect. This world is officially done.

One thing I noticed was how resigned/fatalistic and perhaps disciplined those witnesses were. It seemed there were women, children, young and old within the vicinity of that camera. I daresay would something like that happen here, women, children, who knows would be screaming their heads off.
Who knows though.. perhaps it's human nature to accept what is.. however, I'm sure a bit of denial and shock happens also.
Actually, it was a fascinating video.. I watched a few documentaries of the Thailand etc. Tsunami in the past.. just run uphill like a mofo if you see the tide go out etc.! Don't finger f around and gawk.

That was chilling! I love Alameda Ridge! Good luck to you coast dwellers, hope it never happens here!

They'll need the luck, that's for sure. I've seen traffic come to a literal stand still in Ocean Shores during clam tides and Westport can be just as bad when the salmon season is in full swing. I can just imagine trying to evacuate 30,000 people with only one road leading towards high ground.

we watch that video and see a flood and a fire at the end but the reality is much more chilling. lives were lost when that happened and others were destroyed. too many people dont understand what it means to loose everything like what happened there; in some ways thats a good thing but others, its very bad.

The Japanese showed great courage and pulled up their sleeves and worked together to help each other unselfishly.

When a Tsunami hits the coast or a big Earthquake hits the cities here we'll get to see if Americans are as ignorant, violent and selfish as many believe they are; what will we do? Will we act civilized or as savages?

Being cynical about how Americans have de-evolved my vote would have to be savages. This is no longer the 50s, 60s, or 70s. This generation wouldn't reach down to help another up if it meant setting down their mobile phone to do it. They might miss a Twitter or text.

Brainless, selfish youth will be more concerned about their Facebook being offline than their home being pancaked or loved ones lost.

The Japanese showed great courage and pulled up their sleeves and worked together to help each other unselfishly.

When a Tsunami hits the coast or a big Earthquake hits the cities here we'll get to see if Americans are as ignorant, violent and selfish as many believe they are; what will we do? Will we act civilized or as savages?

Being cynical about how Americans have de-evolved my vote would have to be savages. This is no longer the 50s, 60s, or 70s. This generation wouldn't reach down to help another up if it meant setting down their mobile phone to do it. They might miss a Twitter or text.

Brainless, selfish youth will be more concerned about their Facebook being offline than their home being pancaked or loved ones lost.

Though all things point to you being correct, we just may see that American spirit(not the cigarette brand that convinces everybody they are "good" for them) rise again. Of course there would be huddled masses that just starved to death without even trying to help themselves, but that is the price of sitting in a Democrat voting plantation for 3 or 4 generations.

I honestly believe that cities will be destroyed and rural areas will thrive. Roaming street gangs will erase the American in a place like Detroit or Chicago, but in the small community where I am, it may just make us a little stronger. Obviously it's all speculation. My brother-in-law said about a year ago that he would have to help people in a disaster. I asked him if he would be helping strangers as my sister, niece and 3 nephews were raped and eaten. It was a very graphic conversation, but when it was over he realized that his place is with his family in an emergency, not playing hero to someone that will stab you for your wool blanket after you freed them from the rubble of a Section 8 housing building.

9/11 brought out some of that Pearl Harbor-type reaction in us 'Mericans. I think on a local level, a disaster may do the same. It just might wash away some of the crap and give us a chance. Survival of the fittest and all that.

And just how many "youths" do you know, Burt? You're a lonesome, angry, jealous, scared, dilusional old man. You spend all damn day scanning through these threads looks for spots where you think you'll find a sympathetic eye for your totally out of touch, ignorant, paranoid rants and rambling.. Maybe if you swapped the tinfoil for a nice cotton baseball cap and fired up car and went out and spent some time in reality you'd learn to enjoy life some.

In the mean time, I'm sorry you're so unhappy... But will you PLEASE at least make SOME small effort to stop turning every single thread you grace a Burt pulpit?

Holy bubblegum, dude.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top