JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't know what Ifish is but the two previous posts before mine specifically mentioned antigun actors and this forum has clear rules against non firearm related political so call me confusedo_O

Maybe you should look the person up first before commenting on a post, then you won't be confused!
Just a thought!
Stacy
Not ment as a attack on you.

Anyone have a toime table on Komifornia dropping into the ocean. I want to have time to send out invitation for our going away party for them. :s0036:

I would but the odds of me getting my talliwhacker slapped are pretty high right now so I'll refrain from calling him a sissy nancyboy Hollywood polesmoker.
I don't care any more about his sexual orientation, where he is from or any other aspect of his life, any more than I care that he is apparently some famous actor.

None of that makes him any better or any worse than any other member of the public, nor does it mean that I should pay attention to what he says, or to what is said by those who seem to be threatened by what he says - even less so of the latter since they seem to fall into the trap of paying attention, for better or worse, to his fame. :rolleyes:

^^^ @ heretic, great post!

So this unknown holiwood whoIzIts posts on Twitter, gets negative feed back to the level that he PULLS his post!

It shows just how whimpy azzed he is. If a person has something to say, they should have the integrity to stay with it....

OR, do a Real Man Act by stating, "thanks to all who posted, I have been able to realize my Mistake in posting this....

However, I have noticed that for the Majority of Progressive Thinking People, they practice ~Variable Ethics~ defined as ethics which Vary by each situation, as Needed.

The sign of a Truthful Person is that their Ethics Do Not Vary.

Thank you @Heretic, for pointing to a similar concept via the Wiki....

philipism for the day, "what you say today, should match what you said Yesterday, as Eell as Tomorrow".... :confused:

It isn't surprising that he pulled his statements.

Celebrities people live by popularity and they usually have people managing their PR for them. So they tend to not stand by their convictions - at least not publicly - especially when their careers are on the line.

I don't particularly blame them.

I don't get into arguments on religion or politics at work either.

I generally don't even do that where my real name is associated with my posts either - I've more than once had someone at work try to torpedo my career when I have said something they disagreed with - and they usually do it behind my back. I am pretty sure that one time I was laid off because I discussed firearms in the workplace - at least that had to be part of the reason - it was no coincidence that it was I and the other pro-gun person I discussed firearms with (although he was a LOT more vocal about it).

The other reasons I don't discuss controversial topics where I use my real name is I don't want to bring discord to my family, especially my elderly mother, most of whom are very conservative. I know they won't change their minds, and I don't want to argue with them are cause them to be upset because of my "heretical" views on politics and other philosophical topics.

It is tough standing up to ridicule, regardless of whether you are right or wrong. The main reason I have the alias "The Heretic" is because over the years I have been attacked on all sides, left, right and middle, conservative, liberal, you name it - I have usually "offended" someone somewhere by stating what I see as the truth and arguing for it. I've gotten halfway good at it, which infuriates many all the more.

I generally don't care - that much anyway - what most people say or think about me, I am more or less used to it by now.

But it is tiring and somewhat frustrating replying to the same bad arguments over and over, only to make no impact because most people are too lazy to think and too afraid to consider changing their minds - even a little bit. It is so much easier to react emotionally and to believe what they are told, instead of thinking for themselves.

So, I pretty much avoid debating politics especially, and only throw out a few observations from time to time in relatively anonymous forums. I used to spend an inordinate amount of time arguing politics/etc.

I actually probably wouldn't disagree with the facts (maybe the numbers of civilians, although there were many innocent civilians who died in the Iraq wars) of what this particular actor said in the OP.

However, I would not have conflated the 9/11 tragedy with the Iraq war dead, although they are related. Using the 9/11 tragedy to make a political point about the Iraq war, on Sept. 11 is insulting to those who died on that day. This is what politicians do; they never let a tragedy go to waste; they will use it to make whatever political point they want to.

Actually, thinking back on it - to be truthful, at the time of the second Iraq war I was ambivalent about it. I thought that there would be more good than harm by overthrowing a tyrant, although I was under no illusion that this was probably not about 9/11 - which was used as an excuse to conduct the war.

Now, looking back at it, I was wrong.

Actually, thinking back on it - to be truthful, at the time of the second Iraq war I was ambivalent about it. I thought that there would be more good than harm by overthrowing a tyrant, although I was under no illusion that this was probably not about 9/11 - which was used as an excuse to conduct the war.

Now, looking back at it, I was wrong.

I knew going in there had nothing to do with 9/11 but that was the spin at the time.
The $50,000 Pyramid questions is....did any good actually come out of going into Iraq?

I knew going in there had nothing to do with 9/11 but that was the spin at the time.
The $50,000 Pyramid questions is....did any good actually come out of going into Iraq?

If anything going in destabilized the area. Ya there was a tyrant in power, umm like 80% of the rest of the world. There are always politics we will never know, and often times politics equals military might. I think Iran did benefit from us going it, as it showed the Iranian people how well Democracy does not work in the middle east, giving rise to a greater independent Iran free from pressure and west influences that who I think benefited most from us going into Iraq and Afghanistan.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top