JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For me, Head lights really came into there own while working on my cars and hotrods! Another thing I discovered was drift fishing just before daylight, using glow in the dark corkies, I could blast them with the light from my head light, and be able to see where to cast! Once in the water, I would switch it to low or off and fish by feel! When I got bit and was ready to land my fish, switch it on and go! Another really cool light I have been really fond of is those really small stubby flashlights that I fit to a small mount I made for my AR for night work! The same little lightthe wife and I use on out key chains! I don't remember the brand but got them off Amazon for $16 I think! Takes a single AAA battery and the life is about 3+ hours continues! Really bright too, about 250 lumins!

Actually, I thought I would throw this in... for a "general purpose" utility light... like the kind you would want in your car. the "Larry Light" made by Nebo is an awesome choice. I've had a bunch of them over the years, the current generation is insanely bright, but it has a perfectly even cast, it's like having an LED work light in your pocket, it also has a magnet on the clip so you can hook it to your car for task lighting on a tire change or anything else. IIRC it's 200 lumen, but it doesn't get hot and it's powered by AAA batteries.

'Ya know, I've been a premium flashlight guy since I was in the Scouts. Now that was in the last century! ;) I still have a lot of them, but I just use Chinese, Duracell's.
The smallest uses 3 AAA batterys, for 250L and come in a 3 light clamshell w/ Duracell batteries!
The medium ones use 3 "C" batteries, for 500L and come in a 2 light clamshell, again w/ Duracell batteries!
The large ones use 4 "C" batteries, for 1,000L in an individual clamshell w/ batteries.
They are all sold at Costco, made from aircraft aluminum and cost under $30.
Oh yeah, they all have hi, low and strobe! I'd like to give you a report an battery life, but I've yet to need to change any!

Actually, I thought I would throw this in... for a "general purpose" utility light... like the kind you would want in your car. the "Larry Light" made by Nebo is an awesome choice. I've had a bunch of them over the years, the current generation is insanely bright, but it has a perfectly even cast, it's like having an LED work light in your pocket, it also has a magnet on the clip so you can hook it to your car for task lighting on a tire change or anything else. IIRC it's 200 lumen, but it doesn't get hot and it's powered by AAA batteries.

Plus 1 with AMP! Nebo lights are, IMHO, best lights you can buy for anything like the money they cost! I was surprised to see that the one I particularly like, the Nebo, Redline, has gone down substantially in price on Amazon! $21.00!:eek:

I have about a 15 year old early LED headlamp I carried when on my motorcycle for emergencies on the side of the rode at night or getting up out of the sleeping bag in the tent to take a pee in the middle of the night. It still works but what seemed amazing technology back then and bright...today seems almost a joke. I got a $4.00 CREE type light off Amazon...actually 3 that gets EDC use and it's brothers live in my GHB and my wife's purse. When I quit buying more lethal stuff I'll get a Surfire or 3.

Brutus Out

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top