JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Now now, if "they" really wanted to hurt you they'd ban beer.
:s0005:

OK, granted that there is an a argument to be made that wildlife such as ducks scarfing up lead pellets is not good for them. Fair enough, I can wrap my head around that. Question is, is this more about the political "optics" than the minuscule amounts lead that hunters leave behind in our forests?
(That's a rhetorical question, FYI)

Now now, if "they" really wanted to hurt you they'd ban beer.
:s0005:

OK, granted that there is an a argument to be made that wildlife such as ducks scarfing up lead pellets is not good for them. Fair enough, I can wrap my head around that. Question is, is this more about the political "optics" than the minuscule amounts lead that hunters leave behind in our forests?
(That's a rhetorical question, FYI)

Well of course its political, it's your last day on the job, feeling gut shot for being kicked out of your nice comfy liberal chair & no unemployment. Yep, the cowards way of running a GOV agency.....
PUTHYS!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Well of course its political, it's your last day on the job, feeling gut shot for being kicked out of your nice comfy liberal chair & no unemployment. Yep, the cowards way of running a GOV agency.....
PUTHYS!!!:mad::mad::mad:
If you don't think he's getting unemployment, you don't know how the govt works.

The ex pres could go back to working for Hillary. But this time not on my dime.

When Bill said " I did not have sex with that woman" do you think he was talking about Hillary ?

No lead ... Is no good for me and my original muzzleloaders.
Not really sure that critters are getting much if any lead after eating whats left of the deer , grouse etc ... I kill with my original or traditional muzzleloaders.
Andy

I never find the 200gr. partitions fired from my 30-06 into deer and elk. The perfectly mushroomed bullet is laying on the ground somewhere. If a coyote wants to lick it up he can have at it....:D

If your talking the pres, he wasn't exactly fired,his contract ran out.
Don't know if he qualifies for UE but being from Chicago I bet he tries,lol
Or he'll move to the state with the highest UE pay

I was referring to Dan Ash the agency head.

I'd bet Owebama already had some cushy gig set up long before he exited the WH & I'll bet it's got something to do with the lobby industry.

Ran into a friend today hunting waterfowl on the columbia river. He fired one shot, killed one duck. Dogs insinctfully fetched it. His dogs then went back in and fetched 5 more wounded mallards that had been shot by others. Not getting the "ethical" part of this .

Hey tell your buddy I want a couple of my ducks back. I was stripping down to my undies to retrieve them when that dang dog swam off with those ducks...:p

I was referring to Dan Ash the agency head.

I'd bet Owebama already had some cushy gig set up long before he exited the WH & I'll bet it's got something to do with the lobby industry.

I was actually thinking that he'll be working in the media........... I would bet it won't be longer than 2 weeks before he's in the news criticizing Trump.

Ray

Just saw this on TTAG. Apparently the outgoing director of the Department of the Interior issued an order to only use "non-toxic" ammunition and fishing tackle on federal lands. Now I am not a lawyer and I didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, but the order <broken link removed> pretty much states that it is effective now. Of course that "now" was Jan 19, 2017, a nice a convenient date for the last day of Obama's admin.

May have to watch yourselves when shooting on federal land right now.

DeF***zio is only after one thing VOTES so he can stay on the Gov. teat till he feels like retiring.
Art is the only one challenging him and he doesn't have enough backing like PETER does. We're stuck with him! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Gabby

I'll start of by saying, I do not wholly agree with this, but in some instances non-toxic shot does make sense.

However, you guys really need to actually read and research before you get all worked up and make your own opinions. This order has nothing to do with all federal lands, it is specific to US fish and Wildlife lands only. Which really means National Wildlife Refuges, nothing more. Further, it does not say anything about big game hunting, either muzzleloader or centerfire specifically. All this really says is that the USFWS has 5 years to work with states and other authorities to establish non-toxic rules. We already cannot use lead shot on State wildlife refuges, such as Ladd Marsh, etc. so I'm not sure what the big deal is here. I think it's ridiculous that people read a mis-represented headline and start forming their own opinions on nothing more than that.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top