JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What caliber is it? Assuming that you have a rifle of 50 caliber or greater I would stick with the patched round ball. A RB offers some advantages over elongated bullets. Less expensive to cast or buy it also gives less recoil when fired and will take down your game very handily.

I currently shoot round balls in 36, 50, 54, and 62 caliber. They all work great for their intended purposes and are very accurate. Feel free to PM me if you wish to, "get technical," or have any questions about your rifle or your loads.

Black powder weapons are about all I ever shoot recreationally anymore.

wow cool , well shoot it and take a pic and tell him how-fun it is , and better yet go hunting some day , i have killed 2 deer , a muley doe- only hunt and a white-tail doe , mine is a 54 cal i love it

What caliber is it? Assuming that you have a rifle of 50 caliber or greater I would stick with the patched round ball. A RB offers some advantages over elongated bullets. Less expensive to cast or buy it also gives less recoil when fired and will take down your game very handily.

Hey ogre,
I talked to the fine gentleman who crafted this gun today and he told me the same thing as you did, patched round ball is what I should stick to. He also confirmed that round ball is a perfectly capable hunting projectile, as was evidenced by the eight deer he's sent to his deep freezer with a .54 caliber ball. I should get a long range day in during the next week or two and I'll do some load development with Pirodex and FF black powders. I'll more likely than not take you up on your offer to PM you with technical questions. I like to tell myself I have a short learning curve, but, you know how that sometimes goes.

Thanks!

A stunning gift indeed! You may need a new hidden gun room to house that beauty.

Remember if it does not go off when you pull the trigger, never, never look down the barrel! Darn black powder can be tricky.
:s0113:
That why they call him deadeye!

Very nice gun. That would sure lift my heart being forced to be apart on christmas. Something I have way to much experince of.

Hey ogre,
I talked to the fine gentleman who crafted this gun today and he told me the same thing as you did, patched round ball is what I should stick to. He also confirmed that round ball is a perfectly capable hunting projectile, as was evidenced by the eight deer he's sent to his deep freezer with a .54 caliber ball. I should get a long range day in during the next week or two and I'll do some load development with Pirodex and FF black powders. I'll more likely than not take you up on your offer to PM you with technical questions. I like to tell myself I have a short learning curve, but, you know how that sometimes goes.

Thanks!

Excellent! Be prepared to have some fun!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top