Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

One day

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by armedandsafe, Dec 18, 2008.

1. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Moses Lake, WA Active Member

I finally talked FirstInLine into taking a day off from work. We went over to Ephrata yesterday and she signed up with the Grant County Sheriff's office for her CPL.

It was in the mailbox when I got back from town this afternoon.

:thumbup:

Pops

2. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

That's almost unbelievable.

Now, if I could just convince my wife to move...

3. korntera

korntera Oregon Member

How long did it take to get? I finalized mine on tuesday and they said it would be 4 weeks before I get it.

4. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

One day. Uno.

He lives in an area where they are both efficient at what they do (issue CPLs) and not trying to hold-up the process for political reasons.

5. mpmarty

mpmarty Oregon Mountains Member

I got mine by walking in to the SO there and chatting with a very nice lady who issued my non resident permit on the spot. Even had a computerized fingerprint system (no ink in fingers).:)

6. wakejoe

wakejoe Beaverton, OR Well-Known Member

Where is this place, exactly?

I need a non-resident permit for Washington in a bad way. Can't keep unloading my weapon as I'm crossing the bridge, hahaha.

7. mpmarty

mpmarty Oregon Mountains Member

Ephrata is over by Moses Lake. We've got family there in law enforcement. For you, I'd advise just stopping off downtown Vancouver Wa. at the SO the laws on NR CCW permits are statewide and not very subject to local interpretation.

8. armedandsafe

They just got the computerized finger reader in awhile ago. FirstInLine was quite pleased with it.

She came out of the office at about 11:20 AM. The mail lady comes by here between 12:00 - 13:30. I suspect that we could have waited and picked it up, as the card was signed by Sheriff D at 11:27 AM. :D

Pops

9. caliber bob

caliber bob Yamhill County, OR. Member

They told me 3-6 weeks, and they waited the entire 6 weeks. I would come home everyday, and when it did (6 weeks later:() it was like Christmas.:)

10. Doc In UPlace

Doc In UPlace Tacoma-ish Well-Known Member

Yeah they take their sweet time up here in Pierce county, too.

However I guess the workload might be a little larger here than it is in Ephrata. :sleep: whazzat?

11. GUN1PDX

GUN1PDX Portland Metro Member

Anybody know how fast Wa County in Oregon is?

12. Cerberos

Cerberos Portland, OR New Member

Typically runs about 6 weeks. With the recent increase in guns sales it may have pushed out a week or so (assuming the increased sales are also resulting in additional CHL applications).

Clark Co. (WA) non-resident applications submitted in Vancouver are running right about 4 weeks. Odd to think you can get a WA non-resident quicker than a OR resident license.

13. GUN1PDX

Thanks! I haven't applied yet, still waiting on the Feds to approve my paperwork before I can submit to the County...yes I am a foreigner!! :cool:

14. OFADAN

OFADAN Brownsville, OR Well-Known Member

Utah has reciperocity with WA so that is another alternative - just get a non-resident Utah. With Utah and Oregon together one is good for 36+ states including WA.

But obtaining the WA as a non-resident is no biggie.

15. armedandsafe

Keep in mind that, as a legal alien, you can't possess a firearm in Washington, regardless of licenses from other states or even with a CPL license from Washington unless you have an Alien Firearms license. AND you can't get one of those, because they can't issue them. SO......you just can't have a firearm in Washington unless you are a US citizen. (Or, a Canadian citizen here specifically for hunting or competing.)

Watch that closely. We have it in court right now, but it is progressing slowly. Drop over to SAF.org and take a look at the suit we have filed in conjunction with the NRA.

Pops

16. GUN1PDX

Thanks! You are absolutely right. I received an email on this from the NRA. They are fighting it, but the question is how would they know if a person is a Citizen or not--since Utah doesn't require citizenship? Sorry for the ignorance, but wouldn't a cop just look at it at say "ok, slow down sir" or something like that...:)

17. armedandsafe

Wanna take a chance on losing your right to carry for the rest of your life? I'm not sure how many ways they can tell, but they can, and they have. And when they do, the State Troopers WILL take action.

Pops

18. GUN1PDX

I wasn't trying to be a smartAXX. I have been a law abiding immigrant, and I will continue to be a law abiding immigrant till I become a law abiding citizen, hopefully (God Willing) in two years! Till then, I will carry where I am allowed to. Thanks Pops for all your insight, I appreciate it!

19. armedandsafe

Actually I worded that more strongly than I should have. My apologies.

I have read of a couple of cases where a legal alien has a WA CPL, but can't get the AFL. I have read of at least 3 cases where an Oregon legal alien was stripped of his guns and charged by State Patrol.

Just be careful until we get it fixed.

Pops

20. GUN1PDX

No worries, I understood what you were trying to say! ;)