JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Summary:

We did lots of shooting from cover, "off the x" team drills, shooting on the move, movement, holster draw, etc. I burned through 700 rds of ammo and my shooting improved drastically throughout the day. I also got a good workout. Tom is very chill and has a great attitide.

Lessons learned:

Finding my sights and USING them to deliver hits under stress! This was the biggest thing I knew I was lacking, and a huge take-away.

How to deliever hits while moving. This ties in with using the sights, and was a skill I was severely lacking in.

Shooting from behind cover/ not crowding cover, and low positions. To be honest, I knew the theory, and had even practiced this, but having personal guided instruction to correct errors is 1000% more useful than just watching Youtube videos and thinking you got it. I didn't even realize what I was doing wrong.

Mag + press check! Embarrasing on the range, deadly IRL, don't be walking around with an empty gun!

Weak/1 handed reload (maybe not super practical, but really fun and makes you think.)

Explosive movement into and out of situations, positions, and cover. Breaking the hands, and rebuilding the grip and stance as you approach cover/position, as well as how to stop on a dime was a huge take-away for me.

Situational awareness/ partner drill was great.

One of the biggest skills/tests was having to think while shooting. Very hard but very good. I will have to be crafty to figure out out how to incorporate this into solo training.

It seems like my accuracy both slow and fast got much better over the day. Usually after shooting a lot, my flinch gets worse, but I was so amped up and focused on moving, cover, ECT, as well as actually using my sights, it seems my brain got re-wired. I saw this increase as well with other shooters who started off not shooting very well. This is in STARK contrast to other pistol classes I have been too, where we shot paper all day, and people who sucked at the beginning still pretty much sucked at the end. There was a fundamental shift in some shooters abilities during this class.

COST:

The cost was very reasonable. I think it fluxes a little based on class size and materials used, so I don't want to out a number on it, but if you can afford the ammo you can afford the class.

OCTS | Let your firearms journey begin here

I am trying to get some friends/co-workers to take a class, but if that falls through, or after we take it, I would love to get a NWF group together to run through either a pistol or carbine class. We don't need a ton of people to get it scheduled.

Also just putting this out as a review to get people aware of this great resource.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top