JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I see a lot of ad's for once fired brass with after market primmers.
So the way I see it the brass has at least two firings, maybe more.
Not really important but people selling brass need to list it other then once fired.

How do you know they have aftermarket primers? Federal will use a brass case with a chrome primer in new ammunition, so they may look reloaded, but they are brand new.

Here's a pic of brand new Federal .22-250, some once fired and some never fired.

upload_1000006AE260E0_2013.01.22%252C21%253A52%253A05%252C409_8042B79C.jpg

Humm...........I don't exactly know what you're getting at. But, you do know that the less fired brass is, it's thought to be more valuable, right. Then, it's also a case of "trust." I mean your seller might say "once fired" but, is it really?

OK....

So, let's take an example of "once fired," LC 5.45x45 brass for sale.

When I get it, I expect to see the primer crimp intact. If it's not......I'm thinkin' someone is pulling a fast one.

If I buy my "once fired" LC 5.45x45 brass already primed........well, is it really "once fired?" Do I trust the seller? The crimp has been removed so, could it have been fired 2x, 3x, etc...? Afterall, it's a simple process to polish brass and make it appear shiny (remove scratch marks).

+++++++++++++
BUT......there might be another reason.

Huh?

Shipping.....just primers will require "Haz Mat Fees."
Shipping.....primers already loaded into brass does not. It'll just be shipped, ODM (cheaper).

Not to mention "mark up" on the primers.

Aloha, Mark

I like to think the average person is fairly honest. Most of the people selling brass do it regularly and they have a reputation to protect. There a few people I buy from whenever they let me know they have something I can use, and that is because they actually sell what they say they are selling.

When I get brass with crimped primers then I know it's "Once Fired".

When buying "once fired brass" it really is a matter of trust. Stick with known and established companies or individuals. As xlsbob said their reputation has value to them and they'll see to it that you get what you paid for.

Today there are all to many that just pick up range brass or buy buckets of it from the recyclers, trying to make a quick buck.

Normally, I think, you can only fire brass rounds 1x after they are loaded.. Then upon cleaning, you may start the reloading process, and once loaded shoot them 1x again.

If you want virgin brass, you might buy it New, or 1x, never reloaded..

Most brass, when processed completely and reasonably correct should last many reloadings. .o2c

I usually tell by the overall length, once fired brass shouldn't need trimmed to length. I like once fired because trim to length takes a lot of time that I would prefer to avoid.

I keep reloading the same brass until I see a weakness, normally you start seeing cracks around the throat of the casing. Depending on the brass I can usually reload 5-8x

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top