JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
well since the big rush on anything related to firearms 9 months ago, I decided to do a follow up talk with the hodgen powder company, why is there still no powder or primers on there dealer shelves, well I got the same answer from 9 months ago, its all you guys out there buying everything, huh, like I am the enemy???
After 9 months of digging around I found some interesting facts. despite the reports from powder pr personnel most distributors (such as Hodgen, Winchester,) yes these guys are distributors, they are not getting any powder either, and inside reports are claiming no one wants to get stuck with a warehouse full of illegal product, the plan is to keep business as usual hoping obama gets replaced in 3 more years. Not that the next person will be any better.

Critical ammo shortages affect U.S. military stocks

BALL POWDER Propellant for Military Applications - General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems

I believe many of the dist. such as hornady, winchester, and Hodgen will be a thing of the past in 2 or 3 years.

There is no conspiracy in the ammo manufacturing world. This is actually what happens when a bunch of people(millions of them) that would normally never buy anything more than one 500 round box of 22lr go off the deep end and start hoarding all of the ammo supply. The government doesn't us 22lr and it is the hardest thing to find.

It actually is because we are buying it all up. Anyone looking for another reason is just fishing in a dead lake.

Damn hoarders... I was in cabelas in Lacey,Wa yesterday and spoke with one of the workers in the ammo section, he said that they been stocking 22lr on a daily basis, and every morning people would come in and buy it all.

Damn hoarders... I was in cabelas in Lacey,Wa yesterday and spoke with one of the workers in the ammo section, he said that they been stocking 22lr on a daily basis, and every morning people would come in and buy it all.
And if you had arrived before the "Damn Hoarders", you would have bought some. Does that make you a "damn hoarder"? When I find some .22 lr, I buy some. It is hard to find, and even though I have an ample supply, I like to be able to share with family and friends who are not as well supplied. Eventually, the products will become more and more available. Until then, enjoy the thrill of the hunt - for ammo and components!

Look on the bright side, if everything goes "back to normal" we will have a lot of people dumping piles of 22lr and other common ammo soon. How many people that shoot 25-50 rounds a year(or don't shoot at all) bought 10,000+ rounds? I bet a lot did.

I learned in '08 and was reminded recently to never let my stock get low. I can cast everything centerfire that I shoot. I am sitting on about 12,000 22lr rounds and will not ever dip under 10,000 rounds. Once I get up to 20k, I won't go under that. I do a lot of shooting and as I get older, my back gets worse. 22lr will keep me shooting until I am dead.

And yet people are still trying to sell theirs at 1.5-3x the cost. I can't understand how the overpriced stuff can even sell. Along the same lines, who pays $7-800 for a Century AK when you can just go buy one brand new that some bubblegum didn't fire corrosive ammo through and let sit for 6 months for $500?

People just want something for nothing. To get something usually takes work. Like water takes the path of least resistance, you end up with crooked rivers and crooked men.

I was hoarding ammo long before it became the norm. I just shoot a lot though, I'm not one of those OMGTHEAPOCALYPSEISCOMING types.

imtcnk.jpg

I'm not saying there is a big conspiracy going on, but after snooping around a little I did find out some interesting facts.
Hornady ammo and bullet co. has no powder to load ammo. so there is none to buy , I find this odd.

Hodgen and winchester get there powder from General Dynamics, right now 95% of there products is going to Gov. contracts.

I have stood in several outdoor stores and watch for powder sales, there aren't any, despite all the noise about hoarders, I just don't see it when I'm hanging out in sports outlets.

I have purchased over 10 lbs of powder & 5000 primers since the beginning of the year! This was all at retail stores; Bi-mart, Cabala's,.......... The fact is, it's there & people are buying it as soon as it hits the shelves, & sometimes sooner!

i just bougth some 22lr and primers. oh if y'all need some powder I have a few bottles I can sell for only 3x what i paid. :s0112:
Seriously if you are around my area and need something i am not using we can make a fair deal.

And if you had arrived before the "Damn Hoarders", you would have bought some. Does that make you a "damn hoarder"? When I find some .22 lr, I buy some. It is hard to find, and even though I have an ample supply, I like to be able to share with family and friends who are not as well supplied. Eventually, the products will become more and more available. Until then, enjoy the thrill of the hunt - for ammo and components!

No. I buy to shoot, not to hoard and be stingy so no one else can have fun. I'll be honest with you, If I went in and they had 22lr in stock, I wouldn't have bought any because I have about 1500 rounds of 22lr at home. Actually I came across some 22lr today and I didn't buy any, but I watched some people buy it all, and the guy behind the counter shook his head and said to me that they are regulars. So I'll say it again DAMN HOARDERS SHARE. But I did manage to scoop 2lbs of powder only because I don't have any:D.

Ammo is back on the shelves at Sportsmans warehouse. 22lr is on the shelves on shipping day.

It seems demand is still higher than supply for 22lr. You could buy thousands if rounds of various types of 223/5.56 though. Right off the shelf. Same with .38sp, 357, 9mm, 45, 10mm even some 357sig.

Remington is cranking out 4 million+ rounds per day of 22lr. It'll be in stock regularly soon.

Don't buy it online or from 3rd parties and they will leave it on the shelf.

Or find the store you like to go to and did out what time/day they get ammo in.

I found 2 cans of Varget at a local sporting goods store, for $23.99. They had several pounds of US869 and some Alliant powders too, but I don't remember what type. The stuff is starting to come back, but it's slow. One local store has LOTS o' bullets, but no powder. The other has very few bullets, but seems to have a somewhat steady supply of powder. It's nice living away from big cities :s0155:

Ammo is back on the shelves at Sportsmans warehouse. 22lr is on the shelves on shipping day.

It seems demand is still higher than supply for 22lr. You could buy thousands if rounds of various types of 223/5.56 though. Right off the shelf. Same with .38sp, 357, 9mm, 45, 10mm even some 357sig.

Remington is cranking out 4 million+ rounds per day of 22lr. It'll be in stock regularly soon.

Don't buy it online or from 3rd parties and they will leave it on the shelf.

Or find the store you like to go to and did out what time/day they get ammo in.

Good post. Folks with ammo at 3x the shelf price will stop selling if people stop buying. They will also stop sitting at stores for 10 hours a day when it stops being profitable.

I still have to say that anyone with a superiority complex because they don't fall for apocalyptic warnings should listen to their elected officials. These people are regularly trying to get guns and ammunition banned. If they get something like a lead ban passed, that is catastrophic and probably blows ammunition costs to the tune of 10x. At that point, folks that bought 22lr at $35/500 will be genius. Not going ape bubblegum over the Mayan calendar is one thing. Not listening to threats made by people in a position of power is another thing entirely. You can go to Youtube and view The Obamas, Holders, Bloombergs and Feinsteins of the world making these exact threats. They are real and should be treated as such.

All I know is that some of you keep getting my H4831!! I actually work during the day and cant hit the store until after 5... You guys know who you are, yah you that are here posting during the day, well and all night.:s0112:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top