JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
November 29 2009. I was driving home that day when I got a call from a friend saying 4 Lakewood P.D. Officers were killed.

I ever met Tina or Ronnie, but knew Greg personally and Mark when I was teaching at the academy.

I remember as a young cop sitting through OIS talks, about what one would go through during and especially after. When I was involved in my first one...I never saw or experienced any of the things they outlined...thought there was something wrong with me.

Subsequent OISs, still nothing. I'd go home have tomato soup and toasted cheese. Never any dreams, flashbacks etc., nothing just moved on and off to another day...as I always thought those things are unfortunately part of the job...accept it, or find something else to do.

But I do find myself grieving for those EOW Officers...wondering what led up to it, actions, inaction etc. If they were trained differently or more of it, would that change the outcome. If there were others around them with certain level of training...the thoughts are endless. Not second guessing their actions…just pondering…

I was in attendance at the Tacoma Dome, and did fine until the bagpipes. The player as I recall never entered the main area, but stayed back in the hall and let that graceful song reverberate throughout...I've never attended another EOW...nor will I.

Is there something wrong with us? Nah...we were especially wired for the job.

Yes…there is a heaven…embrace it.

Godspeed Mark, Greg, Tina and Ronnie...in eternal peace.

shrine.JPG

Yes, thank you for sharing that.

You mention the bagpipes. A neighbor that became a good friend here 20 years ago when we bought the house. Viet Nam Vet. He passed away from leukemia a year and a half or so ago. Wifey and I were lucky enough to be invited to his military funeral up at Willamette National. The bugler off in the distance. Very strong stuff.

Thank you for not forgetting them and not letting them be forgotten. I just looked them up on ODMP.org to remember their faces. Was working in SoCal when this happened and know what it is like to lose a single fellow officer and remember not imagining what it would be like to lose four at one time. That was an amazing showing at their services.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top