JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I dunno
60 or 100 round magazines just makes the rifle feel off balance to me. I have Beta C Mags and SureFire 60 round mags. I just don't care for them.

I don't quite understand the attraction either. I mean, I can maybe see where if you were defending your home by yourself and knew your were about to be overrun by the zombie horde, you might want a 60 or 100 rounder. But they're both pretty unwieldy. I'll take 30 rounders any day. YMMV.

My favorite AR mags, Amend2 out of Idaho, are very hard to find in 20rd version. I guess the demand is such that they don't make very many.

I did extensive searching on the internet, and not only did I find Amend2 mags in 20rd capacity, but in colors other than black. Actually prefer the gray, as I have my AR with gray accents (grip, sling). There are a couple places that still have them in stock in various colors: price varies from $6.99 - $9.99 ea. I picked up 8 of them for $7.99 ea. including shipping. I like the 20's because they protrude about the same distance as the grip, and as others have mentioned, 1 box of ammo fills the magazine. The Magpul 20's are not as easy to find, and I've never found them for less than $12.99 ea., but often times $14.99. I had some (Magpul 20's) ordered from a place twice, for $10.99, waited 3 months (backordered) then they cancelled my order; reordered, and the same thing happened.

I did extensive searching on the internet, and not only did I find Amend2 mags in 20rd capacity, but in colors other than black. Actually prefer the gray, as I have my AR with gray accents (grip, sling). There are a couple places that still have them in stock in various colors: price varies from $6.99 - $9.99 ea. I picked up 8 of them for $7.99 ea. including shipping. I like the 20's because they protrude about the same distance as the grip, and as others have mentioned, 1 box of ammo fills the magazine. The Magpul 20's are not as easy to find, and I've never found them for less than $12.99 ea., but often times $14.99. I had some (Magpul 20's) ordered from a place twice, for $10.99, waited 3 months (backordered) then they cancelled my order; reordered, and the same thing happened.

Were you able to get them from Amend2, or did you shop hard? (Any color but girly stuff is fine with me!! :))

No. You can only use detachable mags on "featureless" rifles. If you have registered assault weapons, same stupid rules apply.
Thing is, you can now fully appreciate full capacity mags in all your plastic fantastics!
Regular magazines can be used in California-registered "assault weapons".

I like my D60, The Range in Yakima has full auto "demos" and they let me use my D60 with their ammo on one of the rifles. It's kind of like some of my tools, rarely use but when needed, invaluable. I make more use of my 20 round magazines, they are a perfect height for bench rest.

I bought a 50rd 9mm drum mag for my Sub2k that takes Glock mags, and it was fun to shoot a couple times and looked cool, but after maybe 3-5 uses, it started being unreliable, so it mostly just sits there. The only use I could see for a mag over 30 rounds a real life situation might be to throw off some random enemy a little bit, if you happened to be against someone who like to count shots... One you hit 31+, they might start being unnerved, wondering "27, 28, get ready to move out, 29, 30, move, move, move, 31, 32, what? How many shots does that guy have before a reload?" ; - ) Force Multiplier. LOL

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top