JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
To be honest, the "singing" stinks.
The gettin down on the strings, I like his style.

Meh, the singing is reminiscent of Memphis Blues. IMO it's ok. At least as good as Clapton's early efforts.

Charlie Musslewhite, Junior Wells, Muddy Waters, Howlin Wolf, Sonny Boy Williamson, Little Walter.

Was referencing the song in my OP, only, as lousy singing.
Dave Alvin is well oiled. Smooth.
He can haul azz and groove.

I never heard of The Blasters, a rock band with some other influences. Are you comparing that one song to others that Phil Alvin sang? Or comparing to say The Allman Brothers or ZZTop?

Phil has a PhD in mathematics... holy moly!!!

Actually, I'm baffled by this whole interchange.... I think you are saying you don't like his singing on that one song. Or that you can't stand his singing on any song, but you love lil brother's guitar riffs. IDK.

I'll leave you with this:

Not to be rude, don't make more out of it than it is. It's music.
Comment's aside, listen if you like, and leave it at that.

Not to be rude, don't make more out of it than it is. It's music.
Comment's aside, listen if you like, and leave it at that.

Well OKAY then.... I'm an avid blues fan, a listener, a singer, and a harp player, excuse me for having my own opinion and the audacity to post it. Excuse me for not being able to understand your posts. And Stupid me for thinking this place was for discussion!

Last Edited:
I've been analyzing recorded and live music all my life. It's fascinating to compare and contrast styles, notice who sounds like whom, then formulate and discuss with other aficiondos my impressions of how they were influenced and what they've done with it. Maybe that's a fault, but it's been a joyful hobby for over 6 decades, and I think it makes me a better musician.

Last Edited:
Well OKAY then.... I'm an avid blues fan, a listener, a singer, and a harp player, excuse me for having my own opinion and the audacity to post it. Excuse me for not being able to understand your posts. And Stupid me for thinking this place was for discussion!
No need to get riled up.
If I could share some bone-on-bone that I experience, along with the GD doctors and hoops it takes to get relief of it all, I would.
Get off my lawn. :)

No need to get riled up.
If I could share some bone-on-bone that I experience, along with the GD doctors and hoops it takes to get relief of it all, I would.

Oh, you're surprised I got riled up? Despite your disclaimer, there was no need to be rude nor to shut me down. I will speak up about that and anything else I desire.

I sympathize with your pain and any medical issues since I have those too. Try full tincture CBD oil from Lazarus Naturals: Lazarus Naturals Homepage

You were seen yesterday wearing this Tee: ;)

grumpy1.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads