On the Riff

bbbass

Reactions
To be honest, the "singing" stinks.
The gettin down on the strings, I like his style.
Meh, the singing is reminiscent of Memphis Blues. IMO it's ok. At least as good as Clapton's early efforts.

Charlie Musslewhite, Junior Wells, Muddy Waters, Howlin Wolf, Sonny Boy Williamson, Little Walter.

bbbass

Reactions
I never heard of The Blasters, a rock band with some other influences. Are you comparing that one song to others that Phil Alvin sang? Or comparing to say The Allman Brothers or ZZTop?

Phil has a PhD in mathematics... holy moly!!!

bbbass

Reactions
Actually, I'm baffled by this whole interchange.... I think you are saying you don't like his singing on that one song. Or that you can't stand his singing on any song, but you love lil brother's guitar riffs. IDK.

I'll leave you with this:

bbbass

Reactions
Not to be rude, don't make more out of it than it is. It's music.
Comment's aside, listen if you like, and leave it at that.
Well OKAY then.... I'm an avid blues fan, a listener, a singer, and a harp player, excuse me for having my own opinion and the audacity to post it. Excuse me for not being able to understand your posts. And Stupid me for thinking this place was for discussion!

Last edited:
Reactions
I've been analyzing recorded and live music all my life. It's fascinating to compare and contrast styles, notice who sounds like whom, then formulate and discuss with other aficiondos my impressions of how they were influenced and what they've done with it. Maybe that's a fault, but it's been a joyful hobby for over 6 decades, and I think it makes me a better musician.

Last edited:
OP
Reactions
Well OKAY then.... I'm an avid blues fan, a listener, a singer, and a harp player, excuse me for having my own opinion and the audacity to post it. Excuse me for not being able to understand your posts. And Stupid me for thinking this place was for discussion!
No need to get riled up.
If I could share some bone-on-bone that I experience, along with the GD doctors and hoops it takes to get relief of it all, I would.
Get off my lawn. :)

bbbass

Reactions
No need to get riled up.
If I could share some bone-on-bone that I experience, along with the GD doctors and hoops it takes to get relief of it all, I would.
Get off my lawn. :)
Oh, you're surprised I got riled up? Despite your disclaimer, there was no need to be rude nor to shut me down. I will speak up about that and anything else I desire.

I sympathize with your pain and any medical issues since I have those too. Try full tincture CBD oil from Lazarus Naturals: Lazarus Naturals Homepage

UPCOMING EVENTS

Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder
Cerberus Training Group
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Pistol
Cerberus Training Group
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Rifle
Cerberus Training Group

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Rapid Fire Arms
    5.00 star(s)
    Have done several transfers through this shop. All were pleasant experiences. Folks were friendly and pleasant, prices were fair. I wouldn't...
  • Gorge Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Good little shop. Have transferred numerous pieces here and it's always been pain free. My only little gripe is limited hours (currently not...
  • Money Market Pawn Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    Great place to pickup from sites like Davidson's. Low fees. Friendly folks.
  • Money Market Pawn Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    This has been my go to for all transfers. Peter, the two Jasons and Joe have always been very professional and accommodating. The transfer...
  • Money Market Pawn Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    Excellent transfer and very helpful
    Was there yesterday and had my first private party transfer done. Went really smoothly and pj was very helpful. He was willing to make an...
Top Bottom