JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
<broken link removed>

A fixed constitution has no place in a modern democracy,

As I started reading I thought this will become an anti-2nd Amendment piece.
I wasn't wrong.

" But growing population disparities render it even more so since the three-fourths rule means that 13 states representing as little as 4.4 per cent of the population can veto any change sought by the remaining 95.6 percent of the population."

... Na-huh ....

"How can a modern society insist on every citizen's right to own assault rifles and other high-powered weaponry that in just about every other country are banned? When informed that a majority of Americans have historically favoured effective gun control but that the federal courts, citing the Second Amendment, have increasingly ruled them out of order, their confusion deepens. How can Americans be required to live under the Second Amendment if they don't want to? "

There it is ....

We all need to thank our creator that we do not live in a democracy. If we did, certain groups would most certainly been put to death. Different groups these days. Remember the Oregon Constitution prohibits people of color from being here! Yes it did. (1854 Oregon's Exclusion Law was repealed, to be replaced three years later by amending the Oregon Constitution with similar exclusionary language to keep Blacks out of Oregon. (Much of this racist language was not removed from the official Constitution until 2000.))

"Nothing could be sillier than the notion of strolling into the 21st century with a pre-modern plan of government. It's like sending an 18th century man-of-war into battle against a guided-missile destroyer. "

And the 2nd Amendment protections should mean the Federal Government would not restrict my ability to own some of those Guided Missiles!

We must stay vigilant.

<broken link removed>

A fixed constitution has no place in a modern democracy,

As I started reading I thought this will become an anti-2nd Amendment piece.
I wasn't wrong.

" But growing population disparities render it even more so since the three-fourths rule means that 13 states representing as little as 4.4 per cent of the population can veto any change sought by the remaining 95.6 percent of the population."

... Na-huh ....

"How can a modern society insist on every citizen's right to own assault rifles and other high-powered weaponry that in just about every other country are banned? When informed that a majority of Americans have historically favoured effective gun control but that the federal courts, citing the Second Amendment, have increasingly ruled them out of order, their confusion deepens. How can Americans be required to live under the Second Amendment if they don't want to? "

There it is ....

We all need to thank our creator that we do not live in a democracy. If we did, certain groups would most certainly been put to death. Different groups these days. Remember the Oregon Constitution prohibits people of color from being here! Yes it did. (1854 Oregon's Exclusion Law was repealed, to be replaced three years later by amending the Oregon Constitution with similar exclusionary language to keep Blacks out of Oregon. (Much of this racist language was not removed from the official Constitution until 2000.))

"Nothing could be sillier than the notion of strolling into the 21st century with a pre-modern plan of government. It's like sending an 18th century man-of-war into battle against a guided-missile destroyer. "

And the 2nd Amendment protections should mean the Federal Government would not restrict my ability to own some of those Guided Missiles!

We must stay vigilant.

Those so called Americans can leave this country.

Well, it was designed as a Republic, however, it's a failing democracy (or is that a successful democracy, since they all crash eventually)...

:(
Fortunately it is still a constitutional republic, or we would have zero rights. However they are trying to turn it into a democracy, fortunately the constitution hinders them. That's why they don't like it

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top