Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

On the Constitution

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by RicInOR, Feb 2, 2015.

  1. RicInOR

    RicInOR Washington County Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

    Messages:
    3,920
    Likes Received:
    4,749
    http://aeon.co/magazine/society/the-cult-of-the-us-constitution/


    A fixed constitution has no place in a modern democracy,

    As I started reading I thought this will become an anti-2nd Amendment piece.
    I wasn't wrong.

    " But growing population disparities render it even more so since the three-fourths rule means that 13 states representing as little as 4.4 per cent of the population can veto any change sought by the remaining 95.6 percent of the population."

    ... Na-huh ....

    "How can a modern society insist on every citizen’s right to own assault rifles and other high-powered weaponry that in just about every other country are banned? When informed that a majority of Americans have historically favoured effective gun control but that the federal courts, citing the Second Amendment, have increasingly ruled them out of order, their confusion deepens. How can Americans be required to live under the Second Amendment if they don’t want to? "

    There it is ....



    We all need to thank our creator that we do not live in a democracy. If we did, certain groups would most certainly been put to death. Different groups these days. Remember the Oregon Constitution prohibits people of color from being here! Yes it did. (1854 Oregon’s Exclusion Law was repealed, to be replaced three years later by amending the Oregon Constitution with similar exclusionary language to keep Blacks out of Oregon. (Much of this racist language was not removed from the official Constitution until 2000.))


    "Nothing could be sillier than the notion of strolling into the 21st century with a pre-modern plan of government. It’s like sending an 18th century man-of-war into battle against a guided-missile destroyer. "


    And the 2nd Amendment protections should mean the Federal Government would not restrict my ability to own some of those Guided Missiles!


    We must stay vigilant.
     
    Slobray, Stomper, Brutus57 and 3 others like this.
  2. lowly monk

    lowly monk Beaverton, Oregon. Just a guy. Bronze Supporter

    Messages:
    1,229
    Likes Received:
    331
    Truth, Thank you Ric.
     
    forefathersrback likes this.
  3. OLDNEWBIE

    OLDNEWBIE State of Flux Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    3,827
    Likes Received:
    3,958
    If only modern day Presidents took the Oath as solemnly as our earliest ones.
     
    Black Dog and forefathersrback like this.
  4. Tug

    Tug Seattle Member

    Messages:
    37
    Likes Received:
    25
    First we have to teach them that the USA is NOT a democracy. It is a constitutional republic
     
    balaperdida, Slobray, Stomper and 2 others like this.
  5. Michael Js

    Michael Js Greater Seattle, WA Active Member

    Messages:
    112
    Likes Received:
    114
    Well, it was designed as a Republic, however, it's a failing democracy (or is that a successful democracy, since they all crash eventually)...

    :(
     
    Doc In UPlace likes this.
  6. timac

    timac Loading Magazines! Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    1,004
    Likes Received:
    1,503
    Those so called Americans can leave this country.
     
    Slobray and Stomper like this.
  7. Tug

    Tug Seattle Member

    Messages:
    37
    Likes Received:
    25
    Fortunately it is still a constitutional republic, or we would have zero rights. However they are trying to turn it into a democracy, fortunately the constitution hinders them. That's why they don't like it
     
    Slobray and Stomper like this.
  8. Brutus57

    Brutus57 Skagit County Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    3,431
    Likes Received:
    5,705
    If the 2nd Amendment is repealed it will no longer be America.

    Brutus Out
     
  9. Stomper

    Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

    Messages:
    12,913
    Likes Received:
    19,583
    One major thing they did that's a detriment is how Federal Senators are elected and why they're there.
     
    Kid@Heart likes this.