JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Lastly, the issue here is not the soldiers or their acts, or even the pathetic grandstanding of West. The issue is the political leadership that has maintained the war in Afghanistan long after it had lost any meaningful goal for the USA.
So then why did you bring it up?
OR, so instead of staying on topic YOU decided to take the thread in a new direction, but, in the process, took the opportunity to bash a fine former Army officer and congressman.
That just happens to know more about combat ops than most here will EVER know.
And more about muslim conflict than most here will ever know.

But you believe he should be pissed on for what?
Voicing his opinion? When some press pundit asked him for it?
For being an Army officer?
Because he did the same thing about noisy, disruptive protestors that progressive leftists did?
Or are you just being pissy because no one in the press asked your opinion?

Why not start your own thread? All about what is wrong with the afghan war, and how you don't believe in it.

In the meantime, if you decide to attempt to pizz on Allen West, please hire a cameraman to film the results.
I'd pay to see it and I'm sure there are others here that would do the same.

^^^^^
THIS!

A little something generally called "The Golden Rule".

If we act like they do, then we are no better than they are, and they will have achieved their goal. Make us INTO monsters, so that they can get even MORE people to demonize and despise us. If we stoop to their level, we will have lost our humanity.

This trying to "Claim the Moral High Ground" by trying to civilize a conflict with uncivilized societies is counterproductive. These people see our restraint and the application of the "Golden Rule" as signs of weakness to be exploited.

We should be wrapping any radical that attacks us in pigskins.

Wars end when one side can no longer go on. A friendly occupation only ends conventional military operations. When these savages realize that when they make war upon the US, that we are willing to be as savage and more, the war will stop. We should desecrate their their remains so that they will not be able to enter paradise. These are Radical Religious Extremists. We should attack what they fear most.

This trying to "Claim the Moral High Ground" by trying to civilize a conflict with uncivilized societies is counterproductive. These people see our restraint and the application of the "Golden Rule" as signs of weakness to be exploited.

We should be wrapping any radical that attacks us in pigskins.

Wars end when one side can no longer go on. A friendly occupation only ends conventional military operations. When these savages realize that when they make war upon the US, that we are willing to be as savage and more, the war will stop. We should desecrate their their remains so that they will not be able to enter paradise. These are Radical Religious Extremists. We should attack what they fear most.

Yes Comrade, the Soviet Union WILL prevail in its glorious mission in Afghanistan...

You know, the Afghans have been acting this way for a very long time....

Kipling even wrote about it:

"When you're wounded and left on Afghanistan's plains,
And the women come out to cut up what remains,
Jest roll to your rifle and blow out your brains
An' go to your Gawd like a soldier.
Go, go, go like a soldier,
Go, go, go like a soldier,
Go, go, go like a soldier"

As a retired NCO (US Army) I find the actions wrong. We were, and I suspect still are, taught better. That being said, this kind of thing happens when you put a bunch of servicemen in the midst of combat...read about the things that GI's and Marines did during WWII, Korea and Viet Nam. Does that excuse it? Nope, not in any way. But I wouldn't hold it against these guys that much...

The only thing I would say is DON'T TAKE VIDEO OF YOURSELF BEING STUPID. That applies to civilian as well as military life.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top