JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Found this today on another forum. I think it sums it up pretty well.

Rep. Allen West (R-Fla.), a former Army Lieutenant Colonel, sends THE WEEKLY STANDARD an email commenting on the Marines' video, and has given us permission to publish it.

“I have sat back and assessed the incident with the video of our Marines urinating on Taliban corpses. I do not recall any self-righteous indignation when our Delta snipers Shugart and Gordon had their bodies dragged through Mogadishu. Neither do I recall media outrage and condemnation of our Blackwater security contractors being killed, their bodies burned, and hung from a bridge in Fallujah.

“All these over-emotional pundits and armchair quarterbacks need to chill. Does anyone remember the two Soldiers from the 101st Airborne Division who were beheaded and gutted in Iraq?
“The Marines were wrong. Give them a maximum punishment under field grade level Article 15 (non-judicial punishment), place a General Officer level letter of reprimand in their personnel file, and have them in full dress uniform stand before their Battalion, each personally apologize to God, Country, and Corps videotaped and conclude by singing the full US Marine Corps Hymn without a teleprompter.

“As for everyone else, unless you have been shot at by the Taliban, shut your mouth, war is hell.”
Allen West on the Marines Incident: 'Shut Your Mouth, War Is Hell' | The Weekly Standard

I also don't get why this was made into such a big deal. Yeah, they pissed on some rag-head terrorist. But, take a look at what those same people are doing to us. Why should we treat them like humans when they think of us as sh1t?

I also don't get why this was made into such a big deal. Yeah, they pissed on some rag-head terrorist. But, take a look at what those same people are doing to us. Why should we treat them like humans when they think of us as sh1t?

Because we are better than they are.

H

I guess I also think about it from the angle of basic respect for the dead, shows how noble and chivalric you are..I know that's probably a little too idealistic. Just like halmbarte said, you are better than they are, you don't want to go down to their level.

Empires lose their moral foundation and decay before they collapse. At least every single one historically has done that, but not ours. I am pretty sure ours will last forever. The short and long term prospects are fantastic. More wars, more occupations please; let's get going.

We are better than these bubblegums that harbored individuals guilty of plowing intercontinental airliners into our World Trade Centers. Should our Marines have video taped pissing on Taliban slobs that they smoked? Probably not... Do I blame them for doing it? Hell no. Those savages would have cut any of our American heads off with a butter knife before respecting the Geneva Conventions. Piss on anyone that wishes my unit, Corps, family, or country any harm. I will shoot him before he shoots me...

We are supposed to be better than them. We like to think of ourselves as a civilized culture... because they do it, doesn't mean we should.

I would like to think that marines have enough common sense NOT to video themselves doing stupid crap, obviously that was not the case here. Notice how this kind of stuff always comes back to haunt?

The only thing i found wrong about the whole situation is that urinating on their corpses is unsanitary! Something could of crawled up their urine streams i hope they got checked out when they got back to the fob. Gross! i would of never done that them their taliban are disgusting! i also agree with allen west

The Marines killed their enemy, shot em, stabbed em, blew em up, beat em to death, and they are dead. How can pissing on them be a greater social indignity?
They are dead. There are holes in their bodies, blood is leaking out, they pissed and deficated themselves when they died, get it, they are dead! To those who choose to find fault in what the Marines did, pick up a rifle, stand a post, and take their place, you can prevent this from happening, protect us from our enemies, I won't have to read or listen to you, and maybe the Taliban will kill you, take off your head live on TV, gut you, burn you, hang you from a post and wait for it, wait for it, piss on your dead body(oh the horror of it).
You may not like what they did, you may think it is is wrong, you might want something done about it, ask your self this, when was the last time you put your life on the line? I mean really put yourself in harms way for someone else. These guys were in a fight for their life, and a fight for yours, they took fire, were wounded, had friends die, and you sit here and complain about pissing on a dead body?
I think this is an example of our troops needing help, it is obvious they are suffering from trauma due to war/combat stress. These normal people find themselves under conditions that is cruel and unusual punishment, think about it when was the last time at your work place you had to deal with killing someone, or being killed. I say give them a purple heart for mental injuries, bring em home, give them a parade and offer them counseling. You really want to punish them, leave them there, tell them how wrong what did is, and really punish them, the worst possible punishment is sending someone out to die, no? Send them out in harms way again where they risk being killed, punish the heck out of em, maybe they will kill some more of our enemies, and wait for it, piss on some more. From me to them, Thank you for your sacrifice, now go piss on a few more, wait I meant kill some more, seems making a few holes in someone is less of a problem than pissing on them.
Personally, I would take being pissed on any day to being killed. Perhaps if we could ask Daniel what do you think he would choose? Beheading or being pissed on. What do you think he would have wanted?

Read this:
Daniel Pearl - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Nine days later, Pearl was beheaded. On May 16 his severed head and decomposed body were found cut into ten pieces, and buried—along with the jacket of a tracksuit Pearl was wearing when photographed by his kidnappers—in a shallow grave at Gadap, about 30 miles north of Karachi.[14][15] When the police found Pearl's remains, Abdul Sattar Edhi, one of the most active philanthropists in Pakistan, arrived promptly on the scene, personally collected all ten body parts, and took them to the morgue.[16] Pearl's body was returned to the U.S., and was interred in the Mount Sinai Memorial Park Cemetery in Los Angeles, California.

No autopsy was performed. The subsequent video (see next section) made the sequence of events clear.

If you read the whole link, go find the video, watch his head being cut off, go complain for a couple of years about what was done, maybe your complaints about our Marines pissing on a dead enemy will matter.
Sorry for making this so long.
Rant over.

Jim

There's an old adage that when you're not fond of someone you might say that "I wouldn't cross the street to piss on their head if his hair was on fire". Sounds to me that there was a lot of fire going on. Maybe they were just trying to help them out. Can't say that I wouldn't have done the same thing.

Because we are better than they are.

^^^^^
THIS!

A little something generally called "The Golden Rule".

If we act like they do, then we are no better than they are, and they will have achieved their goal. Make us INTO monsters, so that they can get even MORE people to demonize and despise us. If we stoop to their level, we will have lost our humanity.

^^^^^
THIS!

A little something generally called "The Golden Rule".

If we act like they do, then we are no better than they are, and they will have achieved their goal. Make us INTO monsters, so that they can get even MORE people to demonize and despise us. If we stoop to their level, we will have lost our humanity.

I have been waiting for this, two wrongs don't make a right. Or if we behave like them it makes us them. BS our Marines did nothing wrong, they pissed on people that were dead. The Muslims behead live people, really that is like pissing on their dead body. We stoop to their level? Really? When did we behead a live person, drag their body thru the street? Get a life. Our Marines did nothing wrong. Perhaps if you feel this bad about the USA and our Marines you should leave. Try Iran, or Afghanistan, or better yet Pakistan. They would love to have your head, oopps I mean your vote.
As far as make them hate us more, you really don't understand how long we have been at war with Muslims. Try the Marine Corp hymn, from the halls of montazuma to the shores of TRIPOLI, read up on the war back 200 years ago, the Muslims have not stopped killing our people for hundreds of years.
Try this: First Barbary War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Perhaps if you read history, assuming you can read, you would understand what we are up against.

Jim

Perhaps if you read history, assuming you can read, you would understand what we are up against.

Jim
And if one reads enough about Allen West, or watches a few of the you tube videos of him,...
You will find that the above statement is one of his favorites.
Know the followers of islam and their leaders by their actions.

They are the first to start a conflict, yet their supporters are always the loudest in their objections when they get their azz handed to them.
Pizz on 'em,...

Oh wait!!

I guess it just comes down to the simple fact that maby we need another attack on US soil to remind us why we are killing these bastards in the first place. Damn hippies, and their anti-war signs. I'm against alot of the reasons we are still at war, but killing Taliban members hell yes! We should do it like Clinton! Bomb the hell out of them till they beg us for mercy, and drop payloads of piss to put out the flames! We proved we were better than they are by not flying a plane into their country and using it to kill hundreds of people. We proved it by not making videos of them being tortured and killed. Who gives a flying (f word) if a few marines want to prove a point and show the world how we feel about them! I'd have taken a dump on them if it was me. It probably make them smell better from what I understand! We are better than them! DO YOU REMEMBER WHAT THEY HAVE DONE TO US?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top