JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just watched a video from Ukraine
they have designed and built ground drone that drop anti tank mines
these are RC controlled tracked chassis that carry 3 - 4 mines
when a Russian attack is expected, the Ukrainians send them out into the weed
the Russian anti mining vehicles come through de-mining a path for the tanks
after they pass, these ground drone scoot out of the weeds and lay new mines behind the de-mining vehicle, then scoot away again
ya got to love it

There's an old saying that "Generals always fight the last war" but I think we are a few generations past "the last war" at this point
In some ways yes. But if we were fighting directly the Ukraine/Russia war, it would be a quite different war. There would be a LOT more going on in the air (we would establish air superiority rather quickly) and the sea, and it would not have lasted this long. I doubt there would be any trenches and there would be more armor, larger drones and cruise missiles.

Not to mention that we would go deeper into Russia, and NATO would be involved.

That is assuming that it didn't turn into a nuclear war.

In some ways yes. But if we were fighting directly the Ukraine/Russia war, it would be a quite different war. There would be a LOT more going on in the air (we would establish air superiority rather quickly) and the sea, and it would not have lasted this long. I doubt there would be any trenches and there would be more armor, larger drones and cruise missiles.

thats kind of the problem. It would go Nuclear as soon as NATO crosses the border.. The Russians would have no qualms about vaporizing a few NATO divisions on Russian soil. Then after that they'll light up Ukraine like a Christmas tree. The question after that is if tactical weapons give way to ICBM's. Then its game over.

Last Edited:
the USMC is eliminating main battle tanks from their TO&E
they find they no longer fit into their objectives

Dump the tanks and buy more A-10s

I doubt Russia would have become involved if they knew the US was a challenged combatent
thats kind of the problem. It would go Nuclear as soon as NATO crosses the border.. The Russians would have no qualms about vaporizing a few NATO divisions on Russian soil. Then after that they'll light up Ukraine like a Christmas tree. The question after that is if tactical weapons give way to ICBM's. Then its game over.
where did any scenario mentioned involve NATO crossing the Russian boarder?
unless you mean the Ukrainian territory Putin illegally occupied and claimed
this is getting off topic
I started this thread about tactical warfare against present day armor technology
on killing tanks!!!
I would hate to have it shut down due to political rhetoric

Dump the tanks and buy more A-10s
actually this Polish drone only cost $20K and can destroy any Orc tank
not to mention the Australian cardboard surveillance drones who spot Orc tanks for air strikes and land mine drones

not to mention the Australian cardboard surveillance drones who spot Orc tanks for air strikes and land mine drones
According to SYPAQ, the drone arrives in a package some two and a half feet long — and isn't much more complicated than an IKEA product.
Well that means a lot of them will never get put together and tossed half done. :s0140:

Whatever.....
I suspect that the Taiwan Marines will be using their Top attack/Anti-tank weapons on the tanks and landing craft(s) of the CCP. So.....it's all good.

Of course.....the cost and just getting them, will be somewhat of a problem. Considering the backlog of orders at RTX and LMT.

Aloha, Mark

nc_ohc=SIoxbGZF-HoAX_MngH1&_nc_ht=scontent.fhio3-1.jpg

Looks like Russia sacrifices its old tanks first to run the west out of missles and money. With chips hard to get it may be hard to replace our missles.

$51,000 for a Dragon

$147,000 for a Javelin

Wars of attrition get expensive.

Yeah, use up those expensive antitank missiles.
Whatever......more targets are coming......

And that will probably mean that the numbers of tank crews will also get low too.

Aloha, Mark

PS.......full disclosure.

I own RTX stock.

Last Edited:
Tank on tank can be expensive.
So, I'm all for spending less, when destroying an enemy. Start at 4:05

Aloha, Mark

PS....Technology marches on.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR