JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's the enhanced ID they are implementing nationwide.
Basically its more background check on you.
Unfortunately CA already gave out thousands to illegal before they got caught and sent letters to those affected asking them to return them.
Joke

You can use a regular DL to fly with a passport.

Beginning October 1, 2020, every air traveler 18 years of age and older will need a REAL ID-compliant driver's license, state-issued enhanced driver's license, or another acceptable form of ID to fly within the United States.
1572482425818.png
Transportation Security Administration › real-id
REAL ID | Transportation Security Administration

It's been going on since 2005. Most sanctuary states have resisted until the last minute so illegals don't have any way to be identified as non-citizens. There have been multiple threads here and on other forums. Guess we'll have the discussion several dozen more times in the next year. Would be easier to just dig up and recycle the old threads and save everyone the trouble. :rolleyes:

Pftttttt.... RealID, what a joke, they really going to do an extensive background check to validate that I'm really who I say I am....

Doubt it. DMV can barely get the issuance of a non-RealID right... And at the pace they move, it'll take months to get it back...

Just use a passport, much easier and less information in the hands of an ill run state agency...

It's been going on since 2005. Most sanctuary states have resisted until the last minute so illegals don't have any way to be identified as non-citizens. There have been multiple threads here and on other forums. Guess we'll have the discussion several dozen more times in the next year. Would be easier to just dig up and recycle the old threads and save everyone the trouble. :rolleyes:
Thank you for the illuminating reply.

I realize there is a search function. I have been a very active poster this summer and in my enthusiasm to interact with my new found friends here at NWFA I posed the question.

I also get to meet new-to-me members - Hi!

Thx

Last time we renewed our passports we also got the wallet cards, it was a reasonable deal & just a little bit extra $. Honestly forget how much $.

Seemed worthwhile & a good idea vs the minor extra expense to have valid ID all the time no matter what the situation. This after making an "oops" once of traveling with an expired drivers license a long while back...

Something you all might consider if your passport is up for renewal, or getting them for the first time.

Pay that suggestion never mind, for folks whom do not intend on getting a passport.

The Search is strong in this one........

:s0140:

I'll say it different. This is a huge deal that's been ongoing for many years. For whatever reason, I know relatively few people that are aware of these upcoming changes.

So...Somebody has dropped the ball if such an important issue remains hidden. Americans will be surprised when they book an airline fare and can't get on the airplane.

It will be a huge last minute rush for compliance, and I can only imagine the fee will make the state a lot of money.

I also understand a person should not be chastised for not searching online for discussions they had no idea existed.

We are getting closer to a Europe that required showing your papers, even for domestic travel.

Last Edited:
I recently received a letter informing me over a year before my DL actually needs to be renewed that I have to get it renewed 'Immediately'' or I wouldn't be able to get on a plane.

Nope, not gonna do it.

I'm not going to fly ever again.

Oh, but what if....don't care.

But somebody died and I'm supposed to attend their funeral.

Still no, have fun without me!

P.S. This renew now nonsense is just more security theatre...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top