JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Totally not upset. Even being called 'buttercup' just rolls right off.:p

I am a reasonably functional member of society, and I was taught in grade school not to be afraid to ask questions, because the teacher taught us that if one of us has a question, quite likely others do, too. No dumb question, etc.

And with all due respect, if this HAS been a deal for 15 years, and if it is important, it is under-reported, and if it is not, my friends here at NWFA would most likely be able to explain it to me in a way that is relevant to today.

Peace

I am a reasonably functional member of society, and I was taught in grade school not to be afraid to ask questions, because the teacher taught us that if one of us has a question, quite likely others do, too. No dumb question, etc.

And with all due respect, if this HAS been a deal for 15 years, and if it is important, it is under-reported, and if it is not, my friends here at NWFA would most likely be able to explain it to me in a way that is relevant to today.

Peace

So is "creampuff", "pantywaste" or "nancyboy" ok too?

:s0140:

I kid because I care! :s0116::s0108:

One might simply blame DMV because they're bureaucratic (slow and expensive) and will only begin issuing the new Real ID when it's finally too late not to - per Federal law. But that's not really the whole story. Here's my take on it, copied from my post in another thread:

A brand new shiny drivers license (that cost me plenty) will become useless at travel checkpoints everywhere (like PDX) come October 2020. Oregon is one of only four states still not issuing TSA compliant REAL ID and licenses based on the Federally mandated deadline established in 2005.

Is this Oregon DMV's fault? Nope. Maybe look a little higher up the food chain at the tragically skewed priorities of thuggish mob bosses in Salem who focus instead on incrementally disarming law-abiding citizens (starting specifically with campus police) while ignoring important things like public schools, for years.

Peace

In all seriousness. You should be able to ask a question or seek clarification as many times as necessary and without regard to the number of previous posts. If you will look, you got an immediate straight answer to your question in posts 2, 3 5 and others.

If my buttercup comment was too flippant or "hurtful", I apologize. It was not my intent.

On a non-serious note, in point of fact, I thought I used great restraint by not using the "snowflake" word :rolleyes: Uh'O, once again, I apologize to you and all the pygmies in New Guinea!

Ric,

We need ID to vote in Texas.

Assuming I'm still above ground, my DL will be renewed before the next Presidential Re-Election on it's regular schedule...but, I won't renew it before then.

Again, this program of early renewal in order to fly is political/security theatre...and I won't pay early for a new DL to participate in security theatre...

What 'idgit' thinks these id's can't be counterfeited?

The absurdity of that kind thinking makes me shudder with contempt at these petty bureaucrats trying to make citizens jump through hoops (and often succeeding) for no good reason.

We need ID to vote in Texas.
Really?! I am surprised that has survived court challenges. But good for Texas. I wonder how many OR drivers licenses are in use in TX and across the USA. Way more than there are Oregonians I would suspect.

This is way more, 10, states than I was expecting.

Note the Light greens are "Requested" not Required.
1572549406999.png

Those that are advocates of one world order, open borders, and sanctuary states are the ones resisting Real ID. I don't have any problem proving that I'm a US citizen and having verified ID to back it up. It's simple really. Are you a US citizen or aren't you? I don't want every courthouse security guard and TSA agent questioning my birth certificate and other verification of residency and nationality, nor do I wish to carry those documents with me everywhere. A simple standardized ID works well and is less intrusive.

The beautiful thing is that the enhanced I.d. Is basically the same as the old ID. My wife just got one and you have to bring the same documents in that you used to have to to get a ID when I got my first license. They have just relaxed the standards for regular identification so that the undocumented don't have to prove who they are to get a license so it's no longer any good for proving who you are.

So, law abiding citizens have to jump through more hoops to do what was previously doable without the extra documentation created and required because undocumented folks don't have to jump at all. And I pay for mine but Juan gets his for free.

How is this beautiful?

I just re-upped my OR DL, in the nightmarish DMV system, in early July '19! So they want another full renewal fee for this new crap? H ow much is a Passport?

Back to the ID fiasco.

On my last DMV renewal, they needed to see my birth certificate, AGAIN. Okay, I took it in. Oh no! They can't use my original birth certificate because it's too old.:confused: So...I have to go to the state, and pay 25-bucks to get an official copy. Really.

And with the REAL ID, I'll have to prove who I am again. It never ends, and with every step, I have to pay another government agency more money. It's all crazy.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top