JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
See this kids? Yeah, it's sand.... cool huh? Sand..... NOTHING GROWS IN IT!!! AH, AH, AHHHHHHH!!!!!

-Sam Kinison

View attachment 868665

IIRC there was a guy in India who reforested an arid area with sandy soil. There was also a vid I watched of reforestation in Africa where they went over the land with a special roller that made "dents" in the soil to help with reforestation.

IIRC there was a guy in India who reforested an arid area with sandy soil. There was also a vid I watched of reforestation in Africa where they went over the land with a special roller that made "dents" in the soil to help with reforestation.

YEAHBUTT..... There are mountains and mountains of cow poop in India to build up a fertile layer, since they are kept as pets and worshiped over there.

YEAHBUTT..... There are mountains and mountains of cow poop in India to build up a fertile layer, since they are kept as pets and worshiped over there.
As a side note personal experience has shown that sand is better than clay. Piles of poop are indeed helpful but hard to come by in the desert.

There is small pond near my place in Klamath Co. that is always full this time of year. This weekend I was there and it was only half full.

Yup, the world is in a drought. A few years ago most of the midwest was underwater, then had a drought where you could walk across many rivers without getting your belt wet. Now the rivers are full and then some again.

The funny thing is, the oceans have been rising for thousands of years. Look at Egypt, the "lost city of Cleopatra" turned up "at the mouth of the Nile" (at least where it was 2500 years ago) a mile or so out in the Med. There are hundreds of known cities all over the bottom of the Med too.

Just recently, a Roman city that was supposed to have been a big port city in the good old days, but is just a tiny little village ruin now, was discovered to have extended FAR out to sea with a huge port, now all underwater. There are cities off the coast of Japan that are underwater. The Sahara Desert was once full of rivers and jungles. The North Pole has whole jungles frozen in the ice according to modern science and the wooly mammoths that were eating flowers that were found flash frozen in Siberia.

Yup, nothing ever changes, and if it does, it is because humans did it and nature had nothing to do with it. It was humans who caused Pangea to break up, humans who caused the "Great Flood" (which "modern science" is now admitting happened), humans caused polar shifts where the poles reversed, humans killed off the dinosaurs, humans cause sun spots, etc. Yup, all man made!

Whatever the reason for climate change, there is no denying that it is changing. Politics aside (little can be done about politics), any person who is trying to prepare for the future should take climate change into account when making plans.

100% Agree. Also keep in mind the determined corupt manipulation of the entire energy economy and its negative effects on you and yours.

Here's where we can all mostly agree. Pollution bad. Clean air and water is good. The climate on this rock appears to have been changing since its birth.

I have no problem with trees. Trees love CO2 Why aren't we laser focused on trees?

Why do we ignore the single largest and base calable form of solar energy?

Why do we ignore geo thermal, it can supply vast amounts of energy.

We have known of both of those for decades.

Why do we kill coal slurry and oil pipelines, but use trains and trucks instead? Why do we use water to increase field production instead of CO2?

Clean coal is 25 percent cleaner than the Natural Gas. But we have nearly killed it, will use fracing with water to get more natural gas.

Why do India, China, and the Russians get a free ride, while we have to destroy our economy? Then we will be forced to buy raw materials for the new green economy from them when we have the resources here. Why?

The politics. Agendas. False narratives to achieve failed ideologies that seek to control the planet by any means. Instead of using common sense and a practical application of science to actually solve problems it is falsified regularly for political gain by all of the power players

In the end I think the problem is the politics, it is more likely to destroy us than the CO2. It will effect you far more negatively in all aspects of your life than the oceans that rise as they have been for the last 12,000 years as the planet slowly warms.

When the sun goes into its next cooling phase will we still be here to see the dawn of the next ice age, or will politics have destroyed us?

The Bureau of Reclamation is often called the "Bureau of Wreck the Nation". Water in the West has a very diverse and complicated 'history'. A lot of the particulars have been 'documented' in "Cadillac Desert" but there are additional sources that can provide a more current perspective. Recall the Oregon Trail had to pass through the "the great American Desert"! "Water rights" should be the first thing listed when property (land) is bought or sold (kind of like 'mineral rights')! Boise, Idaho and Los Angeles share a commonality - they are both in a desert! Guess what state is having a drought this year, it's not on the coast!

Anyone ever peruse google earth and look at Arizona and SoCal large cities and see all the swimming pools? That's a lot of water. Get some progressives running the places and could make people use that water for drinking, dishwashing and toilet flushing.

I imagine that at least some of those pools are meant as a backup water supply
I got to looking some. You can see the pools that are dry. I would imagine it's pretty costly in a state like California to own a pool. And think of the extra costs a state like Cali are going to charge for taxes and fees on pool installation/owner ship!?
HOO-DADDY!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads