JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When it hits the fan, the east coast is not where I want to be - or anywhere near it.
West Virginia is basically where people in DC/Maryland/Virginia go on their "outdoorsy" vacation. It's a short drive.

If you want to be far away from everyone, Nebraska or Wyoming are good options. Nobody wants to live there unless they have to.

West Virginia is basically where people in DC/Maryland/Virginia go on their "outdoorsy" vacation. It's a short drive.

If you want to be far away from everyone, Nebraska or Wyoming are good options. Nobody wants to live there unless they have to.
Wyoming? No work. What there is, is hard. Wind never stops. Winter liable to break out at anytime, anywhere.

The High Plains/Ogallala aquifers are one of the largest in the world and they are dropping by as much as 2 feet per year in places. BTW the State of Wyoming owns all the water in the state.

Most revenue is from resource extraction. Coal, oil and gas are the hardest hit by the Carbon police. There is no Income Tax. Like the last Bust Cycle, I expect to see a exodus of folks. It is a conservative, libertarian, self-reliant kind of state so most here on this site would fit in if they have the means.

Last Edited:

A little history on that "neck-of-the-woods":

For any move, is there employment and can you earn a living in the new hood? For us which are older that dirt, health care? Do you want to drive 50 miles to the closest grocery store, etc. So for those looking, consider a Plan B, Zillow once a day. Ok a little history.

WV lost its largest employer quite some time ago, Weirton Steel. Wal-Mart now has the honor. A big difference in bring home $$$, & benefits. Get the picture? Real estate is a bargain if everything else fits. In those write-ups on Zillow, the mention of being only 2 hours from DC is usually there. So you might be bidding against someone with dollars for that piece of heaven. Check out RT48, it was built with the hopes of bringing in a few tourist dollars and developing more of the state. Back to 2 hours from DC; in my hood the wording in real estate adds are "bring all your toys". In other words, all your new neighbors have JUNK YARDS. :(

Utopia isn't real. WV is a Red State now. No problems with CC. Every home grown pick-up has a rifle on those hooks, No Trespassing signs mean just what they say.

Foreverlost,

I'm actually considering a position in the Norfolk / Virginia Beach area. Probably have an offer letter in hand tomorrow. Weathers still decent. Near / on the coast . Good fishing , not terrible gun laws.

I'm actually considering a position in the Norfolk / Virginia Beach area. Probably have an offer letter in hand tomorrow. Weathers still decent. Near / on the coast . Good fishing , not terrible gun laws.

Been there twice - once for "A" school, then again a year later for a two week course. The "A" school was over the summer and I did not care for the weather - hot and humid. Going inland was probably okay - heard it was nice in WV - but I went down to N. Carolina to visit a friend in the AF there. I didn't really care for the east coast at all.

Being just 2 hours away from DC would be a big downside for me. I prefer to be as far away as possible - even considering New Zealand (yes, I know about their gun laws).
DC.................as bad as it gets. No one has ever offered enough to go there or visit. Yes, WV is hot & humid in the summer. Skeeters, the big'ens, will drag you into the bushes and drain a few quarts of blood.

Foreverlost,

The hot and humid of the South is what made us flee our homelands.
Looking to stay out this way but not looking forward to the desert in Arizona or Nevada only if it is a winter base and recreating in the summer up north.

Last Edited:
Mark Johnson, deputy director of the Klamath Water Users Association, said inflows to Klamath Lake are the lowest they've been since the 1930s (which history buffs will recall as the era of the Dust Bowl).

Not good. A lot seems has to do with deforestation as a compounding factor. Now Mexican President Obrador has proposed yesterday at the virtual global climate summit, a six-month temporary U.S work visa, in exchange for sowing land in Mexico's "Sembrando Vida" or "Sowing Life" program, he also wants to expand the reforestation program into Central America too. BTW he is asking us to turn those work visas into American citizenship. Flipping unreal.

It's a dry dry so it's OK.

See this kids? Yeah, it's sand.... cool huh? Sand..... NOTHING GROWS IN IT!!! AH, AH, AHHHHHHH!!!!!

-Sam Kinison

B56600BD-1EA0-4B39-9008-2DD680B3CE80.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews