JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
"In the end, what perpetuates carelessness most might be sheer ubiquity. Craft inspires. A writer can be stirred to the page by hearing a song or watching a car being repaired, a carpenter revved up by a poem or a motorbike. But the opposite also holds true; when you're surrounded by the cheaply done, the half-as sed and the ugly, when failure is unpunished and dedication unrewarded all around, it's hard not to think that close enough is good enough. Chabuduo."

What Chinese corner-cutting reveals about modernity | Aeon Essays

Well ''Liberty is the best of things''. :D

libertas.jpeg.jpg

I was fortunate to have had two careers where I was able to excel, Machinist and chef! It is intensely satisfying, at the end of the day to look over what you actually created! Not how much money you made or papers you pushed! :D People who work with they're hands enjoy that feeling!

What guy (especially the younger ones) doesn't enjoy the feeling of his hands? :rolleyes:

:D

Yep, again, machinist has lanolin in the cutting oil! Chef, hands are always wet!
My hands are soft as butter! They're magic!
Oh...er...wait! :confused: I think I see what your getting at.....nevermind!!!

Yeah, it was weird! I handled steel and tools all day! I was a monster, but I couldn't build a callous on my hands for anything! Well, that's what gloves are for, I guess.
I have much respect for people who create things with their hands...

And it's all good, the women folk like a guy with soft warm hands... At least that what my wife tells me...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top