JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You military pukes aren't the only ones who can play this game:

"That RGB needs to be CMYK or the PSD will error when the AI is RIPed. Either that or use PMS. Also, what's the DPI? It looks LR FPO."

"That RGB needs to be CMYK or the PSD will error when the AI is RIPed. Either that or use PMS. Also, what's the DPI? It looks LR FPO."

Might also depend on the DSLR's CMOS and the ISO and whether they used AEL, and hopefully they used RAW instead of JPG.

Last Edited:

Your referring to LED TV, color printer, digital camera, and color gamut technology .... WEAK!! o_O

(Just kidding, that stuff is amazing) :D

Last Edited:
Your referring to LED TV, color printer, digital camera, and color gamut technology .... WEAK!! o_O

Not quite. Professional printing; specifically pre-press artwork issues.

Extra points if you know what PMS stands for.

These are easy:
RGB- Red Green Blue (monitor color)
CMYK - Cyan Magenta Yellow Black (process ink colors)
DPI - Dots Per Inch

These are more design/printing trade specific:
PSD - PhotoShop Document
AI - Adobe Illustrator document
RIP - Raster Image Processing
LR - Low Resolution
FPO - For Position Only

And PMS?: Pantone Matching System (a standard system of ink colors)

EVERY married man is INTIMATELY familiar with THAT particular acronym.... LMAO!! :s0108:

I work with my wife, and every so often I get to tell a client who is wondering what colors we're using, "Ask my wife, she has The PMS."

Also, in the olden days before digital platemaking, there was a position in every pre-press department for a person who took the strips of film negatives and placed them in the proper position for making the printing plates. That person's title was "Stripper".

Long ago we were visiting a local print company's open house, and were getting a tour of their facility along with several elderly ladies (I think they were friends of the owner). We passed by a long-unused large vacuum positioning table where the old film negatives used to be aligned, and one of the elderly ladies asked about it. I sat back and waited for the print rep to give the explanation of what the Stripper did, and when she was done I piped up "That's how I got in the business – someone told me I'd be working with strippers."

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top