JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Maybe they should teach gun safety in schools instead of teaching them about white guilt, LBGTQSjjdifntnfk, and oral sex

But what do I know
Or instead of getting rid of teaching them to value human life and differences, and proper safe sex alternatives, we could like.. Get rid of Advanced Algebra, discecting frogs, mandatory foreign language, and most of social studies. That should make tons of space for things like actual life skills up to and including gun safety.

I mean really, how many times in your day to day have you needed to find a toad's liver, or use the quadratic equasion?

Also how many times as your 2 year high school Spanish come in super hany in the clutch?

I'm all for having those all as electives instead of mandatory.

Or instead of getting rid of teaching them to value human life and differences, and proper safe sex alternatives, we could like.. Get rid of Advanced Algebra, discecting frogs, mandatory foreign language, and most of social studies. That should make tons of space for things like actual life skills up to and including gun safety.

I mean really, how many times in your day to day have you needed to find a toad's liver, or use the quadratic equasion?

Also how many times as your 2 year high school Spanish come in super hany in the clutch?

The previous list is far more worthless and a waste of time than this list.

Every time I see another of these I think of the guy who said we need a "Windows based safety on all firearms". When you pull the trigger a little bubble would pop up saying "Are you sure you want to complete this action".
Local news today has woman was arrested for vehicular homicide. Guy trying to change flat on I-5. She took him out on the shoulder. She was looking at her phone. So family should of course sue the people who made the phone and the carrier of her service since it must be their fault she can't drive.
You do realize that this exact thing is being solved right now. If your car is new-ish, then it's console settings automatically disables itself when you start moving. No adding your Bluetooth phone while moving!

So, yea, I fully expect smartphones to begin deactivating while you are driving and for you to click a button that says something like, "I'm the passenger" to work your phone on the move. Should it be found that you deactivated the disablement while driving, it'll be evidence against you.

Even longer into the future, I fully expect the phone to know which seat in the car you're in automatically and for it to just do it's thing.

And tbh, I'm A-Okay with that. Phone addiction kills far too many innocent people on the road for it NOT to be a problem worth addressing.

To be fair, algebra and advanced mathematics thought me to both think logically and abstractly and both are skills I use on the daily.

Not being squeamish around the toad led me to not being squeamish around the cat which led me to not being squeamish around the cadaver which led me to mountain rescue and pre-med, for a time.

You can't just train a kid to deal with a traumatic wound...you start small...like on a frog.
Yep. The extractor pokes out slightly when chambered. Flush with the slide when not.
I don't think a loaded chamber indicator is really necessary - if you don't know how to clear a gun, don't touch it. That being said, this has got to be the laziest way of including said feature that I've ever hear of. It's one step removed from just pull the slide back and look. :rolleyes:

Maybe they should teach gun safety in schools instead of teaching them about white guilt, LBGTQSjjdifntnfk, and oral sex

But what do I know
The old ways were better... when we learned about oral sex the "hard" way.

Local news today has woman was arrested for vehicular homicide. Guy trying to change flat on I-5. She took him out on the shoulder. She was looking at her phone. So family should of course sue the people who made the phone and the carrier of her service since it must be their fault she can't drive.
Two weeks ago I had a blowout on the freeway while headed to the range. It happened in the curvy section of I84 next to the Grande Ronde River. Tried to drive to the nearest exit or chain up area but the tire started smoking and I was afraid it would become one of those pyres on the side of the freeway. It was on the driver's side too, so I pulled over as far as I could, but the entire time I was thinking of all those stories I've read about people getting splatted on the side of the freeway. Then, it turned out my spare was half flat, and I couldn't drive on to go to the range. Guess I should have known it was going to be a bad day when the Pepsi machine at Walmart ripped me off!!! (ETA: a bunch of those 18whlrs never moved over, and a few big RVs.)

The old ways were better... when we learned about oral sex the "hard" way.

Two weeks ago I had a blowout on the freeway while headed to the range. It happened in the curvy section of I84 next to the Grande Ronde River. Tried to drive to the nearest exit of chain up area but the tire started smoking and I was afraid it would become one of those pyres on the side of the freeway. It was on the driver's side too, so I pulled over as far as I could, but the entire time I was thinking of all those stories I've read about people getting splatted on the side of the freeway. Then, it turned out my spare was half flat, and I couldn't drive on to go to the range. Guess I should have known it was going to be a bad day when the Pepsi machine at Walmart ripped me off!!!
You could have had a worse experience with the soda machine:

If one is going to mock education, one would be well served to proofread if one expects to be taken seriously. ;)

Yes. There where many errors in my post. But notice how I didn't say we should get rid of language arts, reading comprehension, or composition?
Not sure they can teach reading comprehension. IMO, one either has it or doesn't. I think they can test for it though.

HeyZues, kids have to do all this to show reading comprehension??? Fuuuuuuuuuuuudge! Are these college kids?

1620774724845.png

Was thinking the same thing. Oh, the irony!
I am FAMOUS for doing stuff like this. Often just from doing several things at the same time and not paying attention. Some times it makes me laugh looking back on the last couple times I was back in school. English class's were always the ones I had the biggest struggle with. I would often remember a King Of The Hill episode. The Dad is asking his son, how can you be failing English, you speak English. :s0140:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top