JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The suit was filed against Glock, an Austrian gun-maker, on behalf of Carlos Travieso Jr., who was in a car with others returning from a church retreat in 2018. Another teenager found the 9 mm pistol in the car and apparently thought it was safe because the magazine holding the bullets was missing. However, there was a bullet in the chamber, and when she pulled the trigger, it hit Travieso, paralyzing him.

The suit charged that Glock, the No. 1 firearms manufacturer in U.S. sales, did not have adequate safety features on the gun warning that a live round was in the chamber. The pistol does have a chamber indicator, but the suit said the gun was defective because it did not include other warnings or safeties.

Glock said it was covered by the immunity act because the shooting was a criminal act.

Good. That's what it's for. Same as car manufacturers, knife manufacturers and pretty much any other manufacturer that produces hard objects that could potentially be used as weapons.

Try as you might, you can't idiot-proof teens, and more than a few adults too.
Yeah, consider the multiple levels of dumb azzery, someone obviously didn't know how to clear it because they took the mag out, but left it chambered, then another person didn't know how to safety check it, and they decided to pull the trigger.

Survival of the smartest/fittest still shows up in modern society from time to time.!

The old line, if you make anything idiot proof they will invent a better idiot. The sad part of these kind of things is cost. How much did it cost to "win". The only way this will change is if the bottom feeders who took this case had to pay out of pocket for the cost. This of course will not happen sadly.

Coming to a Glock near you......... Would have saved so many lives........I feel safer, don't you.

1620698972770.png

Every time I see another of these I think of the guy who said we need a "Windows based safety on all firearms". When you pull the trigger a little bubble would pop up saying "Are you sure you want to complete this action".
Local news today has woman was arrested for vehicular homicide. Guy trying to change flat on I-5. She took him out on the shoulder. She was looking at her phone. So family should of course sue the people who made the phone and the carrier of her service since it must be their fault she can't drive.

This is another reason why Hi-Points are better than Glocks. Yes, you can disable the mag catch, but that is YOU modifying a firearm, not a design fault by the manufacturer.

Looks like the problem solver solved this problem before it became a problem.

#HIPOINT4LIFE

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top