JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's 1% here, 1% over there, 1% last year, 1% next..... Just like taxes it's all about more more more
I can't remember where I saw/heard this old gag, but it went something like this: "Income tax, sales tax, excise tax, use tax, brass tacks, carpet tacks, what will it be next?"

The reason many charge it is often that payment processing for gun businesses is more expensive because all the major bank-affiliated payment processors will not service gun-related businesses. Neither will PayPal. We have to use smaller processors who lack scale, which increases the service charge the SELLER pays on each transaction. The credit card markup passes this cost on to the buyer to preserve the seller's lean margin.
Thanks for this insight. It never occurred to me that it would be more difficult and costly for an FFL dealer to find a financial firm that would process their CC sales simply because of the type of goods sold.

. If a seller attempted that on GB, they'd be kicked off the platform.
I don't know about getting "kicked off" Gunbroker. I recently had a buyer fail to pay. I looked at his feedback, he had seven (7) bad feedbacks for failure to pay. This makes me wonder if it's possible to get kicked off.

Armslist now requires a monthly subscription...not my favorite site but I have bought and sold a few there..
In my own experience as a private seller, Armslist is no longer a viable platform. I used it successfully for several years before they made the changes. Since then, I've tried it for a few months and it was completely dead. In my view, the pay wall aspect for buyers is the main culprit. My local FFL dealer says it is still working for him. Which includes interstate sales.

All of the fees that keep getting built in has resulted in many sellers using a page from the old eBay playbook, sell an item at a low price but then build in a massive amount for shippin g. I recently looked at 40 rounds of brass for one of my rifles and was tempted to bid item lot until I looked at the price of shipping.

$20

Sellers are using shipping and handling as a way to recoup some loss and I do get that, but I would be hard pressed in my ability to justify $20 shipping for two boxes of brass. The practice became rampant on eBay with eBay deciding the fix was to start taking fees from the total amount remitted not just the sales amount. I am certain GB will come along with that as well , the Internet has ceased being a free and open place regardless of what people think.

anyone know how to close a gb account ? Ive looked everywhere and dont see how. of coarse no phone number to contact them
Try here:

When it is all said and done. Government has made sure that everybody is paying a tax on things regardless where they are purchased. GunBroker has spent time and money so that they COMPLY with all the new laws. So they are passing that cost along to the buyers. Buyers and sellers make a site, not the site. I left GunBroker last years when all of this was discussed with them on the phone. Yes, a number that I can call and talk to a real person about issues. No, not a number that I give out.
Bottom line, I went to Guns International. $15 to sell a gun, no more, no less. No deadbeat bidder jerking your chain about things. You simply list it and sell it at the price you want. Hundreds of listings now and zero problems.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top