JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
To me, this smacks of the fat girl in high school that is jealous of the cheerleaders and is just looking for an excuse to keep them from wearing their cheerleader outfits at school.
0020002517_Prather_Kimberly.png

Yup, that's her.

Too mean spirited?

An "atmospheric scientist," not a microbiologist, virologist, or epidemiologist. Not an evolutionary biologist, either. Or a biologist of any sort. Straight speculation by someone with no special knowledge of biology, apparently.

Sure, some diseases contaminate water. Such as those that have evolved to spread via water. Cholera, for example, which causes severe diarhea, and spreads through fecal material and contaminated water. If coronav was infecting digestive track and causing diarhea, I'd worry lots more about it spreading through water. As it is, the disease infects lungs and causes coughs. That is, it seems to have evolved to spread through airborne means.

Actually, salt water can denature proteins and nucleic acids. And sun is a potent disinfectant. We will undoubtedly want to investigate all possible modes of transmission, including the less as well as the more likely. But being afraid of catching coronav that has spread by water and has been coughed up by the ocean is gonna be pretty low on my list of things to fear until there are hard data that it matters.

An "atmospheric scientist," not a microbiologist, virologist, or epidemiologist. Not an evolutionary biologist, either. Or a biologist of any sort. Straight speculation by someone with no special knowledge of biology, apparently.

Sure, some diseases contaminate water. Such as those that have evolved to spread via water. Cholera, for example, which causes severe diarhea, and spreads through fecal material and contaminated water. If coronav was infecting digestive track and causing diarhea, I'd worry lots more about it spreading through water. As it is, the disease infects lungs and causes coughs. That is, it seems to have evolved to spread through airborne means.

Actually, salt water can denature proteins and nucleic acids. And sun is a potent disinfectant. We will undoubtedly want to investigate all possible modes of transmission, including the less as well as the more likely. But being afraid of catching coronav that has spread by water and has been coughed up by the ocean is gonna be pretty low on my list of things to fear until there are hard data that it matters.

Well, there was the info coming out of China that said it was present in fecal material of infected patients. I guess that might be a problem in certain countries where populations poop in the river, that send their wastewater out to the ocean thereby contaminating shoreline waters, or in such American cities where people poop in the gutter or on the sidewalk. :rolleyes:

Last Edited:
Local fire districts and agencies are closing burning here in Central Oregon on April 10th. According to them, they do not want to tie up resources chasing escaped burns while this virus is around. Even though my paramedic son says their call volume is down 70%.

The ODF is now asking people not to burn due to the health hazards.

Seems to me that these agencies of all colors are pushing the envelope on a almost daily basis as to how far they can get with regulations and that kind of BS.

I am all for doing what is needed to be done, but it seems like they are all trying to one up each other on what they can ban or stop, especially on something like me burning juniper piles.

Well, there was the info coming out of China that said it was present in fecal material of infected patients. I guess that might be a problem in certain countries where populations poop in the river, that send their wastewater out to the ocean contaminating shoreline waters, or in such American cities where people poop in the gutter or on the sidewalk. :rolleyes:
As I recall, there was no info as to whether the virus in the fecal matter was live virus rather than digested fragments. Nor have I seen any documentation of spread by fecal matter. There is lots of documentation of spread by airborne droplets.

Local fire districts and agencies are closing burning here in Central Oregon on April 10th. According to them, they do not want to tie up resources chasing escaped burns while this virus is around. Even though my paramedic son says their call volume is down 70%.

The ODF is now asking people not to burn due to the health hazards.

Seems to me that these agencies of all colors are pushing the envelope on a almost daily basis as to how far they can get with regulations and that kind of BS.

I am all for doing what is needed to be done, but it seems like they are all trying to one up each other on what they can ban or stop, especially on something like me burning juniper piles.
So if i burn all the limbs and bubblegum i cut down this winter, people are going to die of the superflu? Well, damn. Sucks for them.

I did not suggest hiring more government researchers or spending more money on them. Nor on university researchers either. I suggested eliminating the 1980 law change that has misaligned the interests of publically funded university researchers and the public. That would cost nothing.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top