JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well this is my third FAL. Both times before I had serious sellers remorse and vowed to get another one. So I found this Franken FAL for a good deal. The receiver is marked "made by Hesse US" Assembled by CAI. It has a HK rear sight that is going to be replaced with an original rear sight.The lower and the front end look like Imbel but there is no way to tell. It has a funky loop style mag release which I don"t like. So I will replace that also. It has an aftermarket oversized cocking knob that I am not sure how I feel about it yet. The hand grip is a Tapco SAW grip which is OK beecause that is pretty much what I have on most of my other rifles. The reason why I think everything is Imbel is because somebody whacked the barrel and installed an oversize three prong flash hider that has a very corse thread around the OD of the hider. Forrr....???? An Imbel flash hider can not be removed. It is not threaded and permantly mounted. So I think they cut the Imbel FH off and threaded the barrel. But that is cool because I also got an unfired brand new full length barrel in the deal. I pull the barrel out of an unopen plastic bag with the tag on it. Oh and two mags. So it will soon have a new barrel installed. I can't predict the future but I think I want to hold onto this one. I hate sellers remorse.

IMG_2752_zps1uxyhdxj.jpg

IMG_2755_zpsphiywrvh.jpg

IMG_2754_zps1aznganj.jpg

IMG_2757_zpszkv7db9s.jpg

IMG_2756_zpsfyatapam.jpg

IMG_2753_zps32uvpeiy.jpg

Last Edited:
It seems to dry fire function just fine. I am going to put a few rounds in a mag and see if it extracts and ejects ok. How shot out the barrel is does not concern me. So if everything functions ok. I don't see any major problems.

dont know anything about the FAL, thought they started as a 7.92x33 Wasn't sure, either way looks great. Congrats on the new addition.
The original design was for 7.92x33, but when they were showing it to the British they wanted it to be chambered in .280 British. There was an attempt to standardize ammo among NATO countries, and after testing the U.S said to have it changed to 7.62 NATO.

Hesse made some pretty decent FAL receivers. Only trouble I have ever had with them was some extra flash from the molding seams. Of course Century assembled it sooooooo its a crap shoot. But no worries they are easy to get running proper. Fully adjustable gas system!
Looks like its a mixture of parts. What type of bolt and carrier is on it?
I have everything to swap out that barrel if needed:D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top