Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

OMG....AR Kaboom at Tri-County today!!!

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by mini1980, Jan 29, 2011.

1. mini1980

mini1980 Gone Member

Was out at the General Purpose range at Tri-County today knocking the dust of my SKS when all of sudden a Kaboom rang out. Looked over to my left and saw a guy jump up holding his hand and swearing. He was quick to leave the range, but left a split P-Mag in the trash and spent cartridge in the trash.

-M

2. dmancornell

dmancornell Portland, OR New Member

Around what time? I saw a guy with a jammomatic AR and he kept poking at the bolt carrier with a screwdriver and shaking his head... wonder if this was the same guy.

3. mini1980

mini1980 Gone Member

Around 3:30pm. Looked like the guy had a SBR AR-15.

4. SheepDog223

SheepDog223 Salem Well-Known Member

Those P mags are tuff. I think the spring is even still usable.

5. Riot

Riot Benton County, Washington Well-Known Member

lol, thought the same thing...would have taken the spring and follower myself.

See how the primer is missing from the casing? Probably double load...

6. mini1980

mini1980 Gone Member

The Range Officer grabbed it right after I snapped the picture. My guess is that he and the other old timers will be laughing their asses off over it back at the club house..

7. tlfreek

tlfreek Vancouver WA Active Member

was the guy bleeding or injured or just mad/upset? that is crazy -

8. Spitpatch

Spitpatch Forest Grove, Oregon Well-Known Member

Wow! Mini definitely gets the Nobel Piece Prize for on-the-spot reporting of an event germinated in no small part (pun intended) by our gift from Mister Nobel, resulting in pieces, coupled with his photo-documentation of the evidence prior to its being seized by the authorities. Allow me to offer a second speculative diagnosis based on Mini's "Magruder film": I would guess a possible cause as an under-load (primer only?) lodging a bullet in the barrel, followed by a charged load. This theory would hinge on the shaky premise that the action was operated adequately by the squib, or that Nimrod operated the action himself after the squib.

Authorities have neither confirmed or denied witnesses statements that two men were seen on a grassy knoll nearby.

9. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

People talk about glocks being handgrenades, I've always liked them but I ran across a page the other day that showed a bunch of glock handgrenades and it scared me.