Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

OLYMPUS HAS FALLEN

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by WARCHOP37, Jul 16, 2013.

1. WARCHOP37

WARCHOP37 Lake Stevens Member

...just saw this and thought it was a pretty good action flick. Though i felt like there was alot going on in the movie that didnt quite add up for this sort of attack to happen (i.e. OPFOR C-130 making it that far into American air-space, people other than those designated to be allowed in the the white house "panic room" being allowed access, ability for the OPFOR to obtain and employ high-powered rifles against the entire secret service/D.C.P.D armed with only their sidearms) it did start the discussion around the horn with friends and family to the tune of: what is our response (our government and we ordinary citizens) if something this bad does hit the fan? Please offer your thoughts and discuss as i am really just curious to what everyone thinks about this possibility.

2. Blaylocke

Blaylocke Lewis County Active Member

I noticed all of the things you just said as plot points, but it was definitely a solid action flick. What better, it didn't take the libby "let's make a right winger standin the real bad guy" like they did in White House Down.

It never made me think about any of the more serious issues you did. The movie was too popcorn for any real thought, atleast on my end. But it was sort of the Die Hard movie that should have been, instead of that crapfest we got earlier in the year.

3. Ironbar

Ironbar Tigard, OR Well-Known Member

It was a fictional motion picture. Probably a bad one at that. Read a book next time, it'll be cheaper and it'll last longer.

4. Dunerunner

Dunerunner You'll Never Know Well-Known Member

The one guy hero who saves the day BS turned me off, along with the mamby pamby wishy washy indecisive administration...Wait, that part seemed real!!

5. Blaylocke

Blaylocke Lewis County Active Member

The 80's must have been a rough action movie decade for you :laugh:

jimwsea and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Dunerunner

Dunerunner You'll Never Know Well-Known Member

Yea, the same old theme has about worn out!