JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Olympic Starter Can't Use His Starter Pistol at UK School Race

Council members feared "that the sound of a pistol discharge would frighten the children and, perhaps, psychologically scar them forever".
starter pistol.jpg

Alan Bell, the "Chief Starter" for track events at the 2012 London Olympics, has been called one of the "world's top race starters". Over the past 36 years, using his trusty blank-firing starter pistols, Alan has started over 25,000 events, including Olympic and World Championship races. Bell, the current Chairman of the IAAF International Starters Panel, is widely recognized as one of the most capable (and knowledgeable) race starters on the planet.

However, the regional Council in West Dunbartonshire (Scotland) recently decided that Bell should not be allowed to start a running race at a local elementary school. Bell had originally been invited as an Olympic VIP for the benefit of the student athletes in this small community near Glasgow. Bell was even planning to start the school race by firing the same starter pistol which will be used to start the 100m Finals in the 2012 summer Olympic Games.

Why did the West Dunbartonshire Council send Bell home? It's all about gun-phobia. Council members feared "that the sound of a pistol discharge would frighten the children and, perhaps, psychologically scar them forever".
More at link
Olympic Starter Can't Use His Starter Pistol at UK School Race « Daily Bulletin

starter pistol.jpg

Soon Formerly Great Britain will be taken over by the Muslims, and the inhabitants will be Dhimmis in what used to be their own country. It will look good on them.

I've spent a lot of time in the UK over the last 4 decades. It used to be one of my favorite places.

Not any more.

The people og the UK have given up every civil liberty they ever had in the name of some faceless, false promise of safety, security and freedom from fear of having their precious little feelings hurt.

I'd live in San Fran or Cambridge Mass. in a heartbeat before I lived in Oxford or London again.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top