JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone know with certainty, what the status of Olympic Arms is? I know they were restructuring for a potential sale...and I'm pretty sure I've been on the web site in the last 6 or 8 months...but no such luck now. Just curious...

From Wikipedia: "After more than 40 years of business, it is with great sorrow that we announce that February 28th, 2017 will be the last day of operation for Olympic Arms, Inc," noted the company on social media, January 26, 2017. Despite that announcement, they continued to sell parts and fill orders in a limited capacity until 2020, when they finally ceased all operations.

I've still got my Oly, but I changed from carry handle to flat top upper.

Oly had a cool rollmark.

Talked to the owner maybe a year ago because I was looking for an A1 upper. He still had a lot of flat top uppers in stock at that time. He was good guy, smart. Wish him the best of luck.

Oly had a cool rollmark.

Talked to the owner maybe a year ago because I was looking for an A1 upper. He still had a lot of flat top uppers in stock at that time. He was good guy, smart. Wish him the best of luck.
Offtopic: Re A1's, check out the former NoDak Spud catalog, now merging with H&R. IIRC they made one, and were key contributors to the Brownells Retro line.

My first AR back in the 90's was an Olympic. God that thing was a piece of junk.
Yup, that happened to a lot of people. When I bought my first AR, it was in between Olympic, Bushmaster and Colt. That was it, and the Oly variants were the ones to steer clear of.

I wouldn't buy an OA AR today for any reason.

Me too. I had all sorts of problems with that rifle. The finish on the receiver started to flake off. It was like it was spray painted?
Ha I remember thinking that years ago when looking at them. Really poor fit and finish.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top