JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
:s0155: :s0155:

Olympic Arms cuts off business to New York over gun restrictions

Olympic Arms – the Washington-based manufacturer of AR-15 type rifles and semiautomatic pistols – announced Tuesday that because of legislation passed recently in the state of New York, the company “will no longer be doing business with the State of New York or any governmental entity or employee of such governmental entity within the State of New York.”

<broken link removed>

What do you think about this? As I report, Oly Arms joins a couple of other outfits that have cut off business or taken steps to whack government agencies upside the head that are in states where rotten gun laws are passed.

The State of NY will just source from a different direction. You know like Virgina Gun Shows where you can buy anything even bazookas and tanks.

I hope this is just the tip of the iceberg for those morons! Hopefully the industry as a whole will choke out the government which is rolling down hill like a run-a-way train!

Now, if only Glock, S&W, Ruger, Colt and the ammunition manufacturers would get on board with this and expand it to all States who institute opressive gun laws. If they want to be like Europe, let their police carry a whistle and a club.

Now, if only Glock, S&W, Ruger, Colt and the ammunition manufacturers would get on board with this and expand it to all States who institute opressive gun laws. If they want to be like Europe, let their police carry a whistle and a club.

It might be interesting to watch California, New York, Illinois and a handful of other states squirm if all the firearms manufacturers simply refused to do business with any agency in those states. If the people can't have them, nobody should have them. Probably have a new exercise in hypocrisy by anti-gunners. But that's a fantasy.

How about a forum listing the businesses that are doing this so we can all support them. I don't not want to support a particular business in the firearm industry but if two businesses have the same product I'd prefer to buy from the one not selling to the agencies in these liberal states. I'm kinda new here so maybe someone could ask a moderator for one of those forums that is always on top...if there is interest??

How about a forum listing the businesses that are doing this so we can all support them. I don't not want to support a particular business in the firearm industry but if two businesses have the same product I'd prefer to buy from the one not selling to the agencies in these liberal states. I'm kinda new here so maybe someone could ask a moderator for one of those forums that is always on top...if there is interest??

sounds good to me

These businesses would be smart to stop selling to agencies in those states. The state like NY, IL, CA are destroying their business by destroying their customer base.
This is the only real way they can fight back.
I do agree that it would be great to see ammo manufactures and suppliers get into the game as well.
Of course you know that there will always be at least one business that will sell its soul for a few silver pieces and sell to them. This is especially true about ammo. Some in state guy could setup an ammo loading operation for the sole purpose of getting a state contract.
In that case I would hope that he would not be able to buy componets.

Starve the beast.

My guess is Oly Arms doesn't do much business with NY. I would like to see them say no sales to CA. Which, I would guess is where more of their rifles end up.

It's still good and I don't want to $hit on the point.

It's easy to say "I'm giving up tequila" and still have a cabinet filled with whisky...Especially when you never drank tequila.

Good Luck

Unfortunately the very nature of capitalism dictates that while some companies like Larue and Olympic Arms may do the right and proper thing by cutting off "the man" the same way the government is cutting off civilians, there will always be somebody to fulfill those contracts. The government simply has too much money to pass up. Well not real money, but real enough for businesses...You know what I mean...

I'm not necessarily a big fan of Olympic Arms even though they're made practically in my backyard but I have to applaud the stance they've taken in this case. It's kind of like Cabela's, the NRA, Trjicon and a bunch more manufacturers, distributors and dealers pulling out of the Eastern Sports and Outdoor show which was supposed to have run this past week in Harrisburg, Pa. The show producer, Reed Expositions, announced 2 weeks before the show that they were not allowing any "Modern Sports Rifle" (meaning AR type) displays or sales. They gave some lame excuse about wanting to re-focus the show on traditional hunting and fishing in a "family friendly" environment. Apparently, Reed doesn't know that ARs are legal to hunt with in some states even in the smaller calibers and that the larger calibers such as 6.8 SPC would be legal in just about every one of them. Out of 1,000 to 1,200 table and booth renters about 300 pulled out. Even the Nat'l Shooting Sports Foundation (the NSSF, the people who own the SHOT show) couldn't convinvce them to change their mind. Reed apparently wasn't prepared for this kind of boycott and postponed the show indefinitely. The city administration of Harrisburg, which already was in financial straits, is not happy. The show means something like $50 million flowing into the city from all the activities directly and indirectly related to the show and now they don't have it. The NSSF even announced they were re-considering all their options on who was going to run the SHOT Show next year, meaning bye bye Reed. It just goes to show that there is power in numbers. We just need to get everyone on the bandwagon to convince the powers that are trying to be that the legal, law abiding hunters and sport shooters aren't going to be steamrolled by an emotional reaction to a national tragedy.

My guess is Oly Arms doesn't do much business with NY. I would like to see them say no sales to CA. Which, I would guess is where more of their rifles end up.

It's still good and I don't want to $hit on the point.

But you just did.

It's easy to say "I'm giving up tequila" and still have a cabinet filled with whisky...Especially when you never drank tequila.

And you just did again.

A bit too much cynicism there.

Maybe it's just a political statement, but I can tell you the announcement is getting a heck of a positive reaction.

And that's the important thing. The reaction. If it fires up the troops and inspires other companies to do likewise, that's a win...and if enough companies join in, that could be a big hurt on those state agencies.

It doesn't happen overnight. It takes time and it takes work.

now people are starting to see why the fed,etc are buying bunches of ammo, because they are afraid the ammo companies may stop selling ammo to them when stuff starts to happen.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top