JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Now that Obummer and Hellary stopped selling a guns. It's going to hit many AR manufacturers hard.

True that. Alas, here in Oregon, we have this as governor:

gov.-Brown-257x300.jpg

My first build in 1992 was on an Olympic receiver. Still have it although its been updated since. Fine rifle, never have had any issues with it. Maybe I was just lucky.

Their barrels might have been OK but their CAST receivers were pure trash. I'm sure they improved them over time but those of us who bought their trash in the late 80's and early 90's were just plain screwed.

Their barrels might have been OK but their CAST receivers were pure trash. I'm sure they improved them over time but those of us who bought their trash in the late 80's and early 90's were just plain screwed.
Yep, that's what started their demise.
Glad I never got near one of those.
It is surprising that somehow they produced accurate barrels out of that dumpster fire.

That boat sailed a long time ago. Everyone and their brother makes an AR pistol now. Olympic was one if not the first though. It was still a piece of crap like all their other guns . Their making that pistol did tip the ATF into banning the import of "armor piercing ammo" from China because they were looking for an excuse to do just that.

100% TRUE! That is why the OA-93 was made. The ATF Seattle office asked them to build a prototype and then manufacture for public sale with the single reason for banning steel core ammo. Before it was Olympic Arms, it was SGW(Shutson Gun Works). I don't think spelled Shutson correctly. For years they have had the reputation of have the poorest quality AR stuff on the market. I have been to there factory in the Nisqually valley. It is actually an old barn converted into a small factory with a couple of out buildings. So everybody thank Olympic Arms for selling out to the man!

I have one of their FN/FAL rifles.
It's an interesting gun.

The private seller stated it was metric, yet every metric magazine I had/was given stovepiped the rounds on the feed ramp lips. Switched to inch magazines and problem solved. I'm guessing the smaller lip on the metric mags didn't have enough height below it to adjust the magazine up so the rounds could feed normally. Just that little bit off will do that.

There were other issues too, but I got those resolved on my own dime.

I am sorry in advance for saying this but you have an Olympic Arms FAL not a FN/FAL. FN is for Fabrique Nationale of Belgium. They make the 5.7 pistol and many other popular modern firearms.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top