1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

Olympic Arms banning sales to NY, refuses advertising in Frat. Order of Police Journl

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Zeshio, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Zeshio

Zeshio Olympia Active Member

Olympic Arms up in Washington State has been taking a hard line stance on entities who advocate for gun control, and they've been posting their letters on their Facebook for everyone to read.

Recently the Fraternal Order of Police asked if Olympic Arms would advertise in their journal, and OA had a pretty good rebuttal letter. They refused to support an organization that has helped to push gun control (past and present) and that has representatives in support of current gun control measures.

Since the new gun ban in NY that prohibits magazine size among other things, Olympic Arms released a statement saying it would no longer do business with any state agency in New York, or employees thereof. They are basing their argument on how they believe state and law enforcement officers should have to follow the same rules as it's regular citizens.

Both can be found on their Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Olympic-Arms-Inc/114264921930723

Any thoughts on this? I think it's great we have a company in Washington here that is pushing for constitutional rights and standing up a bit.
  2. Kable

Kable Lynnwood Active Member

I think it's great I hope other manufacturers follow suite and NY won't be able to purchase anything until they repeal what they've done
  3. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Funny that the FOP is claiming that they don't support gun control when their reps were on stage at the bills unveiling.
    Zeshio and (deleted member) like this.
  4. fuhr52

fuhr52 Lane County. Oregon Well-Known Member

I would like to see all the east coast gun manufacturers pack up and go west to 2A friendly states.
  5. jimwsea

jimwsea Vancouver, Washington state Active Member

I hope their stance is real rather than based on market conditions.

Right now, they can afford to dump some customers and still sell everything they have. They may not even need to compete for low-bid government contracts when they can sell retail. Let's see what happens if prices and inventories return to more reasonable levels. Too many politicians try to push through legislation they know won't pass, but earns them the gold star for "trying".