JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought a new Olympic arms 1911 45 today.It is the satin bead blast finish. I know they bought Safari Arms out and from what I have seen Safari arms made a great product.Any comments on the Olympic arms 1911

Ive always been curious about Olympic Arms products. I drive by their location daily on the way to work. Seems like they make nice stuff, but I never see much talk of them. Let us know how the OA works out for you.

Ive always been curious about Olympic Arms products. I drive by their location daily on the way to work. Seems like they make nice stuff, but I never see much talk of them. Let us know how the OA works out for you.

Well don't stop at the store or you may not want to buy anything from them.Seemed a little disorganized to me.
I don't know about there pistols,but most gun shops don't bother with there ARs because they aren't big sellers.One shop,with a truthful owner,always told me they were fine,that's it

I've only seen one dealer,that I can remember that carries their pistols.

Glad you had good luck with their products chedda man.

Well you might be right about them.I took it out and shot last weekend.It had a 8 round magazine when it was shipped,but if you put 8 rounds in it will not feed.Take one out it works great I have been trying to get a hold of them Olympic Arms for a week now.I will try again on Monday and see what they say.It does shoot good with 7 rounds good group only problem is why it would be shipped with the wrong magazine.I will let you know what they have to say.This post is not ment to give Olympic Arms a bad reveiw just want everone to know how my 1911 Matchmaster has worked out for me so far

Just go buy some "Wilson Combat" magazines.They aint cheap but you can tell the difference when you load them.
There are plenty of better parts and plenty of 1911 gunnies out there to make that rig run smooth.
Don't get discouraged yet. (just open up the wallet again)

Ok the Pistol Shop called me back today. They are very helpful and seem to know what they are talking about. It is not often that the head of a department returns your calls. That is how they work and I think that is great customer service. I was told they have had some problems with the last shipment of magazines they bought. So I will buy a different brand and see how that works for me. I was happy with the customer service and to speak with the gunsmith was helpful. Some places you talk to employees that know nothing about their products, only what is printed on a piece of paper in front of them.

Olympic Arms did not buy out Safari Arms, it has always been a division of Oly, just the pistol side, I have always been a big fan and supporter of OA, they make a great product both pistol and AR-15. and the best warranty in the industry enjoy a great pistol.

My dealings with OlyArms has been nothing short of awesome. Thier customer service sets the standards of how it should be done industry wide. The pistol caliber carbines/uppers are the best. I made the misstake of letting my son shoot it first......he wont give it back, lol. long story short...Fine guns, Good people, and local, what more could you ask for?
dan10mmman

NovaGuy,
Was waiting for you to say that they were sending you another mag since they said they had trouble with ones they sent out. Was their conclusion just that you should buy another mag out of your pocket or was there more to the conversation? Just wondering since that's usually the route a manufacturer will take when their part was at fault.

Let me tell you about the last 1911 I got for my customer thru Oly Arms. Guy walked into my store one day, announced that he wanted one of The Safari Arms guns. I ordered the gun for him & at that time Olympic told me it would be ready in 6-8 weeks. I knew from past dealing with Olympic that it would take at least One Year & I told my customer that. He didn't mind waiting and true to form I received the gun from Olympic 1 year & 3 months later. Oh, they also upped the price on the gun. I spoke with the manager, asked him if he would prefer to keep his word on the quote I had been given at the time of order 1 year & 3 months prior, or if he wanted me to just make the client pay more...He opted to charge my client the remainder. Nice people, just don't have the slightest idea of how long it takes to build a gun.

Well don't stop at the store or you may not want to buy anything from them.Seemed a little disorganized to me.
I don't know about there pistols,but most gun shops don't bother with there ARs because they aren't big sellers.One shop,with a truthful owner,always told me they were fine,that's it

I've only seen one dealer,that I can remember that carries their pistols.

Glad you had good luck with their products chedda man.

Their best retail workers left years ago.. the one I most enjoyed dealing with was Skip. As of now they are, as you said, truly a mess

Ok the Pistole Shop called me back today. They are very helpful and seem to know what they are talking about. It is not often that the head of a department returns your calls. That is how they work and I think that is great customer service. I was told they have had some problems with the last shipment of magazines they bought. So I will buy a different brand and see how that works for me. I was happy with the customer service and to speak with the gunsmith was helpful. Some places you talk to employees that know nothing about their products, only what is printed on a piece of paper in front of them.

Last I know of them their lead pistol smith was very experienced and sharp

There are poly plants all over the north west and it took them quite some time to make a simple magazine for their 10mm upper.
I would love to have one but would like more than 1 mag for it.
I wonder if it would take them a year to get me a second?

Olympic Arms did not buy out Safari Arms, it has always been a division of Oly, just the pistol side, I have always been a big fan and supporter of OA, they make a great product both pistol and AR-15. and the best warranty in the industry enjoy a great pistol.

Some more clarification in reference to the above statement:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympic_Arms

To 444 Thumper's reply
I asked about sending out a magazine.The answer was no.Just to load it with 8 rounds and leave it in the gun.But the dealer were I bougt it gave me a colt magazine.I thought it would have been nice if Olympic Arms would have sent me a couple magazines for my trouble.

To me, that's the height of arrogance on their part. If they think that they are acceptable mags, then send out a call tag on UPS along with some new mags and they can keep them. To admit that there was a problem but to just ask you to live with it says there is something very wrong with their attitude toward their customers. Your dealer has the right attitude. If they are that tight on money, then I wouldn't expect them to be around long. This kind of behavior certainly isn't helping them.

I guess I'm wondering why anyone would specifically want an Oly Arms 1911?? I have heard far less than favorable things about their AR rifles, and since there are so many makers of the 1911 platform, what about theirs would attract someone? Especially with a wait time like that?!

I guess I'm wondering why anyone would specifically want an Oly Arms 1911?? I have heard far less than favorable things about their AR rifles, and since there are so many makers of the 1911 platform, what about theirs would attract someone? Especially with a wait time like that?!

As I understand it the Olympic Arms guns (1911's) are supposed to be very finely made, and worth more than you pay for them, based upon the performance of them. I honestly can't say as I have never tried one out...I think if you look around you will find them to be scarce as hens teeth on the resale market, which probably says it all.

When I was in there shop a couple years ago, they had a few of their 1911 models on a display rack, and unless they were just roughly thrown together display models... there was alot to be desired in fit and finish!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top