JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have seen lots of bad press on these guys over and over. I own a couple an have been very happy with them.

Well I just had my last straw with them.

Placed an online order with them on Friday 4-1. I had to set up with an online account to order. I had to put in my shipping address and billing address. I ordered 2 grips, 1 hand guard and 2 .45 cal AR mag. I get a confirmed total with $17.95 shipping and no tax shown.

On 4-4 I get an email saying my status has changed to confirmed.

On 4-5 I get an email from my ex wondering why she is getting a notice UPS tried to deliver to her house. I looked to confirm that all my info was correct that I entered on "profile" and the info on the invoice was correct. It was. So I call OA and ask how that happened. They state that since I had ordered from them to that address about 5 years ago it was where they shipped. Of course they had no answer for why it was not from the info showing on the invoice. They said they would get it returned and ship it out to my address. I told them to remove the old address.

On 4-12 I get another email from ex saying there was a call tag from UPS at her house. Called OA again they had no answer for why it went to an address I had not listed. I was told now I had to wait till UPS returned it, cause there was no way they could contact UPS and get it back. :huh:

On 4-18 Get an email from UPS showing a tracking notification.

On 4-19, yes almost 20 days to get a package across the state (yes I know I ordered on a Friday). Man the box sure looks small. Open the package. Invoice STILL has the wrong ship to address on it. My email address is misspelled. The 2 magazines are backordered, the first and ONLY time I heard they were backordered. On top of that you can still order them on the website with NO notice of backorder. Now there is tax being shown and a lower shipping price of $9.95. No apology, no explanation, no nothing from them.........

I was debating on what kind of lower I was going to use for my .45 AR. Now I KNOW it will not be an Olympic Arms, or their magazines. Just because of this I will not be buying anything from them again and now will be supporting companies that can actually provide any customer service.

Sorry, rant off. I don't complain much but this to me is just above and beyond bad.

Oly Arms is breaking bad..I will not go into what I know but it's pretty obvious out there

BTW the polymer mags are not too swift.. one of mine takes a follower noise dive, regularly. I won't be buying more and I am glad I have a bunch of the original steel mags. It's too bad because the original 45 conversion with the steel mags rocks

Oly Arms is breaking bad..I will not go into what I know but it's pretty obvious out there

BTW the polymer mags are not too swift.. one of mine takes a follower noise dive, regularly. I won't be buying more and I am glad I have a bunch of the original steel mags. It's too bad because the original 45 conversion with the steel mags rocks

I have one mag and have run about 100rds though it no problem.

The original mags were still conversion. I have a bunch of .45 Uzi mags but they are not getting modified ;)

I will have a ton of Grease Gun mags so I am going with a GG lower. I know MGI makes one but it is not cheep. If the SBR things goes though it would be just the ticket for that since it would be multi caliber/mag set up for 1 stamp.

Complete OA guns are a whole lot better than there parts...

I disagree. I've seen their quality control problems first hand. My buddy has a OA ar15 that has a few out of spec parts on it. The lower won't accept pmags because the mag catch is off just a bit, has a ton of play because of an abnormal large gap between the upper/lower receivers and the bolt wont come out of the bolt carrier without removing the gas key because its also out of spec. It's bad... Not too mention the color of the receivers dont match.

So guns made out of bad parts = a good gun? I don't get it. Please help me understand this one.

I only have 1 OA gun at the moment with no plans of getting rid of it. I have had others too though. Again I will be buying NO more products from them based on this problem that could have been so easily solved on their end. No matter how cool a product is or how good it is if your customer service you will LOSE customers and not get new ones (or way less new ones).

Here is my integral suppressed OA 9mm GL rifle. Great gun and runs like a champ.

DSC_0010.jpg

i order alot of stuff from pkfirearms if it is on their website it is instock they will take it down if it is not in stock. and although they are in indiana i think or illinois they get stuff here in 2-3 days. also they have pretty good prices and they will have stuff in stock that other companies wont

i order alot of stuff from pkfirearms if it is on their website it is instock they will take it down if it is not in stock. and although they are in indiana i think or illinois they get stuff here in 2-3 days. also they have pretty good prices and they will have stuff in stock that other companies wont

Got other places I order from too but the parts I needed are only from OA. That is, well was, the main issue.

Part of the annoyance with their parts comes from builders trying to fit a pocket full of out of spec parts together to make them run. It's obnoxious (it was the first LPK I bought building my first AR several years ago). When they put their parts into a full gun, they get to deal with that. Sure, crap makes it out of their factory. But it also makes it out of DPMS and Shrubmaster as well.

It's too bad they seem to be having customer service issues (or at least computer issues from the sounds of the OP's post), it make small problems turn into large ones. If I were to want to avoid Oly, I'd base it on that, not their guns right now. I'm not in any hurry to replace my NextGen Arms with an Oly any time soon, but having seen, shot, built, and repaired a lot of brands over the years, Oly gets lumped in with the majority of makers, but not below it.

I went there once about 5 years ago? anyway,just seemed disorganized.I said this in another thread a month ago.
The rifle was fine for the 300 rounds I had it for(found something I wanted more) but I was investigating a 10mm upper.With all the plastic manufacturers just in Pierce and Thurston counties,they couldn't find someone to make a mag for them.I believe they have a manufacturer now.

The smart thing would have been to just dedicate the lower for a glock mag,since they are the most popular and available 10mm.

For all the bad press they get,and their prices,I can buy 5 other brands.

Hi.. new here and thought i'd say a few things about OA. I bought a AR15 PCR (before i knew anything about AR's) about 10 years ago and it sat in the safe until late last year. The fit and finish is very nice.I took it out plinking for the first time and first pull back of charging handle did not chamber a round. tried fwd assist and only managed to get the round stuck about 1/2" into chamber.. had a heck of a time trying to eject it. ok thought it was my reloads i was using.. bought some Remington ammo and same thing. tried 3 different mags and same thing. called oly and tried to explain the problem but since i am a little lacking on the terms and lingo the guy says to bring it in. so my wife decides to go with me and be a pitbull if need be. got there and the guy behind the counter asks what's up. i explain as best i could and he calls the guy from outback to check it out. while we're waiting we chat with the guy and he answers my wife's questions and is very imformative and polite..after about 20 min the guy brings my weapon back and says it will work now. what did you do i ask. he changed this replaced that-- i didn't really know exactly what he did.. so i ask how much is that going to cost me...he says nothing cause it is under warranty. but i bought it over ten years ago. no problem he says. great thank you. also threw in one of those oil pen things. they treated me very well and i left satisfied. took it out and it shot great (over 150 rds). . however-- with that all said my next AR will Not be an oly..just too much negative things said about them. i am not knocking them-just talking for my own self. i do not want to offend anyone and that is not my intention. Like all my other purchases, i have done extensive research as to what my next AR will be. i will keep the oly as a plinker and having gone through all this i have become an informed consumer. Learn and compare everything before buying a black rifle. Just my 2 cents and again i do not mean to offend anyone. Everyone have fun shooting and be safe.

My brother had a similar experiance, bubblegume on the phone but great in person when he took it down to them. I think sometimes there is a big disconnect between the gun guys and the "sales" guys.

Oly svcks, they always have, they are the Hesse/Vulcan of the West. Why anyone does business with them is beyond me. Yeah I occasioanlly hear someone chime in about how they love their oly special and it works. In the end, it breaks and you are out of luck.

They used to have a sales guy who ranted at gun shows about them being a "military supplier", they sold some parts and junk to the Bolivian government or some such thing. Ugh, spare me.

...they are the Hesse/Vulcan of the West.

Wow, that's a bit harsh, so the inch FAL receivers were a bad idea.
Oly will stand behind what they build, and have done so for me.
That being said they are no Noveske either.
Quality for Price they better than most.

Ever shoot a stainless Ultramatch broach cut Oly barrel?
I know the guy that cuts them and he is dam good at it.

And BTW, everyone that went to J&S still works @ Oly.

I will not buy or do business with oly anymore. that's just me. i know there are guys out there that have olys, like them and they work just fine for them. i just gave my experience of one contact with them. Everybody has their preferences and will make decisions based on what they know and what they want. i respect everyone's decisions for what they do or buy. We all have different wants and needs and as long as we are happy with what we have then it's all good. i will buy a different brand and probably keep the oly. i'll end up shooting it while the wife shoots the other. Again--have fun-be safe and be thankful that we live in a country where we can buy, shoot and enjoy what we want.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top