Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Olympia Man Uses Handgun to Defends Against Burlgler

Discussion in 'Education & Training' started by RainbowBob, Apr 11, 2009.

1. RainbowBob

RainbowBob North Seattle Member

Apparently Mr Harrell didn't watch ABC tonight, and hasn't heard he is more likely to shoot himself or his wife - or have the gun turned against him by the burglar. ;)

I'd be interested to know what's on their shopping list.

2. NK777

NK777 West of Portland Member

Wow! thats got to be one of the worlds dumbest criminals. Amazing story!

3. A2theK

A2theK Olympia Member

Funny I saw the story on the news and NO mention of the homeowner having a firearm whatsoever.

I thought "how stupid can someone be to not sleep with a gun next to them. I used to live out that way and its getting real bad.

The only thing that gives you the upper hand at night is those stupid driveway sensors that buzz inside. I had a guy trying to jar a window open one night and he was sure surprised when I opened the blinds and was standing there with a M4 in my boxers.

4. HappyRoman

HappyRoman Sherwood Forest Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

must have been a scary site..

5. twoclones

twoclones Tri-Cities, WA Well-Known Member

I am always amazed to read of these burgulars breaking into homes successively! I'd think that getting away with even one would be against the odds.

6. RainbowBob

RainbowBob North Seattle Member

Go figure! They must have "forgot" to mention that little detail.

7. gallogiro

gallogiro Willamette Valley Active Member

Oh totally, the media is not bias at all!! :rollingeyes:

8. tionico

tionico Thurston County Well-Known Member

and get this: Thurston County, in an effort to "balance the budget", will be DEcreasing the number of members of the Sheriff's Office. We still pay Freddie the Butcher to circumnavigate the entire county with his tractor mower demolishing the weeds four or more times a year. We still pay the geeks to wander about looking for petty violations of county codes (things like cutting trees larger than six inches diameter, building a new fence without a permit, having one too many "junk cars" where no one can see them.... but we CAN"T keep spending the money to keep the law enforcement levels at the too-low levels they are now.

Anyone know what part of town that was in? I'm just outside Oly, and would like to know....