JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Did anyone go to the gun rights rally in Olympia today?

I did not hear about it until late yesterday.
About a 100 showed up. I could not go today, unfortunately.

The Columbian & the Olyimpian newspapers carried the same wire feed that was pretty poor reporting. No surprise with the Columbian's coverage.

God Save The Republic of these united States!!

The sucky part about pro firearm guys and gals rallying is.. We're all hard working, tax paying and more importantly contributing members of society so our rally numbers are always less, not because of the message but because we all actually work. Meanwhile all those black lives matter and "occupy" folks are college students without any real responsibilities or even jobs.

I wish I could attend every event both here in Oregon AND Washington and I know a lot of other guys who do as well.. Sucks that we all actually work for a living.

My support goes out to those that went and/or took the day off to make it!

Last Edited:
Who set up and ran this rally? I might have driven up and supported our WA brothers, done it before. I guess my question is why wasn't this information plastered ALL over this site?

Who set up and ran this rally? I might have driven up and supported our WA brothers, done it before. I guess my question is why wasn't this information plastered ALL over this site?
I too never heard word beforehand, but it'd be nice if the orginizer of their rallys sent some much needed info our way, lots of guys here might be interested to know when something of importance is taking place.

Rallying is an empty exercise. It rates right up there with writing letters to Jim McDermott or Patty Murray about gun control legislation. They don't care about 100 people showing up at the Capitol. It is meaningless.

The only way to stop this stuff is to become an activist. You have to become a single issue voter and work to get someone elected to take their place.

Do it on a local level. City and County Councils, County Sheriffs, State Representatives, Judicial elections- That's where the fight will be won or lost.

Don't bother with the folks currently in office if they are part of the opposition. It doesn't matter what party they represent. If they support your Constitutional rights, support them. Talk to your neighbors. Talk to the folks at work, church, the grocery store, anywhere...

MOST PEOPLE DON'T CARE and will vote for whatever name sounds like one they heard of before or has a (D) or an (R) by it. Be the person that makes it important to them.

Well color me old school, if I know there is a pro-gun rally in Olympia or any other part of the state, I will be there.
This is the first I have heard of this one & had plans to see our daughter. I wished I'd had known....:(

If you want to have a rally to inspire the base and get folks energized to become organizers, count me in. Just don't assume the people in power are going to change their vote because a few people stand in front of a building holding signs.

I was at the Restoring Honor rally in Washington DC (Glenn Beck) along with 600,000 of my closest friends. It made no difference whatsoever. Obamacare was still signed into law, Nancy Pelosi still pranced across the Capitol with her gavel and the news media either didn't report the gathering or lied about it.

WE HAVE TO GET ORGANIZED!

Run for office.
Support candidates who have demonstrated support for the Constitution and the 2nd Amendment.
Donate time.
Canvas your neighborhood.
Be a positive example.

Be willing to plan for the "long game". Progressives have infiltrated the school systems and have been churning out mindless liberal drones for years. Someone smarter than I needs to come up with a plan to reverse the indoctrination and begin to claw back the education of our youth or none of this is going to matter in a few years. It won't even be in the history books (they write them).

I'm a little sorry for the rant. (Not much, just a little.)

I'm on an NRA mailing list though a local NW representative - heard about the rally w/date, emailed in reply asking about time, meeting place, etc - received no reply; not good coordination, IMHO

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top