JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Could you stop calling into question the "manliness" of people who didn't show up? How about you blame the morons that put this on championship weekend of football season. Sorry, I would, ten thousand times over, rather watch football and eat good food with my family than wait out in the cold mingling with children who name call on the internet. I'm very happy an supportive of those who made the trip, and who put in the effort, people who are positive and who further 2a in a positive light.

That said, I don't like browbeating namecallers, confederate flag wavers, or packs of bikers who inevitably show up with a combined muffler decibel level somewhere above a monster truck rally. Good for them for showing up, but when they are the loudest of the supporters, no thanks. I'll stick to writing letters and speaking to my local congressman, as I have continuously. Call me when a rally is held during business hours at the capitol, or a day you're not making me choose a rally over family time. I'd like to meet a lot of you in person, but not at the expense of my family.

Again it shows priorities. The country is in the fight of its life in case you didn't know.
And this was a NATIONAL event.
Gun Rights Across America

Again it shows priorities. The country is in the fight of its life in case you didn't know.
And this was a NATIONAL event.
]

Well whoever is calling the shots might want to think it out next time. I'm glad you have your priorities and respect them. Thanks for not calling my masculinity into question.

Blay: Your cop-out post reads like you're personally offended or somehow a victim of this events scheduling.

Clearly an apology is in order for the inconvenient suggestion that you are in control of when/if/how you spend time with your family.

Blay: Your cop-out post reads like you're personally offended or somehow a victim of this events scheduling.

Clearly an apology is in order for the inconvenient suggestion that you are in control of when/if/how you spend time with your family.

It's pretty annoying to read people bubbleguming to high hell about the people who didn't show up. My problem is with them. Let them schedule it when they want, but when your weird choices make it so I can't come, don't try and somehow shame us for not going. That's my problem.

I wish I could keep my head in the sand like you. Life would be less stressful. But I can't because I know what we're facing. Losing the guns isn't the end result of losing this fight. Losing the guns is the first in a long series of bad things for America if we lose this fight.

I agree that there were a pretty good number of guys that could use a shower and some grooming, and shouldn't wear a "Slayer" shirt to the rally. They tend to hurt the gun owners image from a public relations standpoint.

That's why it all the more important that I show up and try to look as clean cut and approachable as I can.

If you find something wrong, then be the solution.

I missed my family today too, but it wasnt about attending a rally for the sake of attending a rally. There was no food or drink or live music.

There was the chance to be heard, and send a strong message NATIONWIDE to our opponents and would-be masters.

That game won't seem nearly as important if you find a swat team outside your house to collect those guns they made you register. That's what's currently at stake.

You don't get the chance to send this message again this year, but it's good that you call and write your legislators. Hope to see you next year.

P.s.
This was scheduled by the Guns Across America Group a year ago. Nobody knew this game would be played at the same time. Or maybe they underestimated America's worship of the NFL.

I wish I could keep my head in the sand like you. Life would be less stressful. But I can't because I know what we're facing. Losing the guns isn't the end result of losing this fight. Losing the guns is the first in a long series of bad things for America if we lose this fight.

I agree that there were a pretty good number of guys that could use a shower and some grooming, and shouldn't wear a "Slayer" shirt to the rally. They tend to hurt the gun owners image from a public relations standpoint.

That's why it all the more important that I show up and try to look as clean cut and approachable as I can.

If you find something wrong, then be the solution.

I missed my family today too, but it wasnt about attending a rally for the sake of attending a rally. There was no food or drink or live music.

There was the chance to be heard, and send a strong message NATIONWIDE to our opponents and would-be masters.

That game won't seem nearly as important if you find a swat team outside your house to collect those guns they made you register. That's what's currently at stake.

You don't get the chance to send this message again this year, but it's good that you call and write your legislators. Hope to see you next year.

P.s.
This was scheduled by the Guns Across America Group a year ago. Nobody knew this game would be played at the same time. Or maybe they underestimated America's worship of the NFL.

:s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155:

Let the numbers tell the tale in Olympia

Even with the Seattle Seahawks playing for the conference title and a shot at the Super Bowl, and a gun show at the Puyallup fairgrounds, yesterday saw a sizeable crowd of firearms owners gather on the state capitol campus in Olympia...

<broken link removed>

Could you stop calling into question the "manliness" of people who didn't show up? How about you blame the morons that put this on championship weekend of football season. Sorry, I would, ten thousand times over, rather watch football and eat good food with my family than wait out in the cold mingling with children who name call on the internet. I'm very happy an supportive of those who made the trip, and who put in the effort, people who are positive and who further 2a in a positive light.

That said, I don't like browbeating namecallers, confederate flag wavers, or packs of bikers who inevitably show up with a combined muffler decibel level somewhere above a monster truck rally. Good for them for showing up, but when they are the loudest of the supporters, no thanks. I'll stick to writing letters and speaking to my local congressman, as I have continuously. Call me when a rally is held during business hours at the capitol, or a day you're not making me choose a rally over family time. I'd like to meet a lot of you in person, but not at the expense of my family.

I know you not, I do not consider you one of my countrymen. Move to Europe, or at least San Francisco

It's pretty annoying to read people bubbleguming to high hell about the people who didn't show up. My problem is with them. Let them schedule it when they want, but when your weird choices make it so I can't come, don't try and somehow shame us for not going. That's my problem.

No, your problem is with your whacked priorities. Like I said, you are no patriot, just an overgrown, whacked adolescent

Sorry but staying home to watch football is a pretty poor excuse.

I do agree that more people at these rallies need to keep up a professional appearance. It's a fight for public opinion of gun owners by and large.

I know you not, I do not consider you one of my countrymen. Move to Europe, or at least San Francisco

BLITZ, Fer cryin' out loud!

Just because someone had something else to do yesterday is no reason to alienate him or her. Pretty soon, you're going to need all of the allies you can muster because the gun control fringe is coming after you (and me and all the other folks here who spent their Sunday maybe at the range, or out on a late season goose chase, or coyote hunting....)
Bloomberg is targeting both Washington and Oregon for things to do with all of his money and spare time this year, and you declaring war on people on this forum is no way to muster troops for the big battles ahead.

Geeze Louise....Save that anger and fight for the people who really have it coming.

Just because someone had something else to do yesterday is no reason to alienate him or her. Pretty soon, you're going to need all of the allies you can muster because the gun control fringe is coming after you (and me and all the other folks here who spent their Sunday maybe at the range, or out on a late season goose chase, or coyote hunting....)
Bloomberg is targeting both Washington and Oregon for things to do with all of his money and spare time this year, and you declaring war on people on this forum is no way to muster troops for the big battles ahead.

Geeze Louise....Save that anger and fight for the people who really have it coming.

Dave, I disagree, since I believe this is coming down to a literal fight, and "dudes" like this are beyond worthless

Now if you believe we can win this war at the ballot box I can see where you're coming from, but we won't

Thanks Dave.

Nothing like a little divide and conquer. Just because we're not the same with all the EXACT same priorities doesn't mean we're not all on the same side. When we allow them to splinter us into smaller groups then they win. Period.

Dave, I disagree, since I believe this is coming down to a literal fight, and "dudes" like this are beyond worthless

Now if you believe we can win this war at the ballot box I can see where you're coming from, but we won't

I think we can win this at the ballot box. It's going to take all of us, and that includes all the chest thumpers who hang around forums like this with their boorish mall ninja bravado that always seems to exclude voting "because I don't want my name on a list."

This is hardly the time to be giving up on grassroots activism in favor of blood letting.

Blitz/Dave/Fyre/Taku/Blaylocke.

There are a lot of emotions pouring through the keyboards these days, and I feel them all just as you do.

Everybody can't be a leader.

Everybody can't be a follower.

Everybody can't be perfect.

Everybody can't truly understand the depth and breadth of this struggle. (Even I don't)

Everybody can't know what tomorrow will bring.

Everybody can't know the hearts and minds of our allies and enemies alike.

While I don't agree with Blaylocke for watching a football game, I don't damn him for it.

While I share Blitz's disappointment in that mindset, I don't choose to damn others that way.

These are our countrymen. They are our brothers, and when the fight comes, many of them will be beside us, fighting.

During the American revolution we had late comers that didn't believe how grave things were until it hit their doorstep. They were still pivotal allies in the revolution.

Those that understand the threat early can't damn those that lack the foresight.

We must show the patience and understanding of leaders.

It's like this. We might be the 1% that was ready and full-on engaged at day 1.

We welcome the 2% that showed up on day 2 with open arms.

We welcome the 3% that showed up on day 3 with open arms.

We then teach the 4% on day 4 how to welcome the 5% with open arms, and it grows from there.

Without this growth we will lose.

I think we can win this at the ballot box. It's going to take all of us, and that includes all the chest thumpers who hang around forums like this with their boorish mall ninja bravado that always seems to exclude voting "because I don't want my name on a list."

This is hardly the time to be giving up on grassroots activism in favor of blood letting.

Hopefully Dave, Hopefully.

Having been through the utter voting fraud that was waged against the Ron Paul campaign (I was a delegate in my region for Ron Paul and went through the process) I can say that we have to get control of the voting process or it will just be rigged against us. It needs to be transparent, and it is not.

I know where you are coming from.

Last year I was over the top on this subject because everyone around me is an owner and good Americans and I didn't think they were mad enough or taking it serious enough

I was very disturbed that they didn’t make an effort to go up.

I am talking about the real people around me I can touch not internet people but family, friends, coworkers…….hell I even tried to get local gun shops and a huge surplus outlet to hang literature, or let me hang it just to be turned down because they were afraid it might cost them a sale of a box of ammo because they offended someone which further enraged me…….it consumed me.

So much so that I started alienating my own family without really realizing it.

My wife and mom actually cornered me one day and asked why I was so angry all the time and had noticed a change in me. So I started probing my friends and putting them on the spot, after they didn’t go to the rally…pointed questions like can I really depend on you to have my back when this all goes down .

While doing this I realized they did, but they all had different trigger points ……I realized that we all are different but had same values and some take more than others to push to that point…. Although I can argue to do something now anyway so you don’t need to be pushed to that point but …..I let it go for my own piece of mind

So I had to step away and regroup myself before I just snapped and signed them all off.

People like you and I are men of action and not casual about what we feel strongly about.
I believe and agree whole heartedly in what you post because they reflect my beliefs as well, it helped me to realize peoples different trigger points, ours happens to be hair triggers and that’s ok because this country needs people like us.
One day, when faces can be put with the words and the lack of action can be put with faces then we can do something about it but until then , let em squawk and they will be weeded out as fakes soon enough, if it ever goes there…..hopefully not
They are the ones who have to live in their skin and hear their own thoughts and know deep down that they are fakes, worse fate than anyone can bestow on them over this stupid device we communicate on.

I wasn't even aware there were rallies until I saw a Yankee Marshal/Playboy Penguin youtube video about it just earlier. Maybe I would've gone, couldn't care less about sports to be honest, but I did go to the range with a friend, his son (who was delighted with shooting an AR for the first time) and my friend's girlfriend who's somewhat of a liberal, but is warming up to it quite well. So maybe I helped the cause indirectly by planting the seed with a teenager and getting a liberal a little more comfortable about it.

How uhhh.... "focused" was the message? Was it 2A-only, or did the "Well, we offend most liberals already, so let's bring up abortion, religion, common core and politics in general as well" urge kick in?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top