JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Gottlieb tells rally: 'We are here in broad daylight for all to see!'

State Rep. Matt Shea (R-4th District), announced that he has filed legislation (HB 1245) to repeal I-594. The bill has five co-sponsors, all Republicans, including David Taylor, Jay Rodne, Graham Hunt, Elizabeth Scott and Dan Griffey. Quizzed about the bill's chances, Shea told Examiner that if it doesn't pass this year, "that's not the point." He vowed to reintroduce his bill "every year until it is repealed."

<broken link removed>

Follow-up:

What's happening in Washington State is a learning experience for people everywhere who don't take the time to vote. Washington's experience is a preview of what may be coming to other parts of the country.

As activists rallied on capitol steps, lawmakers went to work

As hundreds of Second Amendment activists rallied on the Capitol steps in Olympia yesterday, inside lawmakers were going to work on their efforts to erode, if not outright undo, Initiative 594 – the 18-page gun control measure passed by voters in November – and among bills now in the hopper is one to eliminate the state pistol registry.

<broken link removed>

Thanks, Dave, I shared the second article on Northwest School of Safety's FB page...:)

If anyone wants to go over there and help it 'go viral', I would be tickled!!
Thanks!!! :D:D:D

Well boyz-n-girlz.... Give a shout out to the loveliest member of the audience on Thursday! (She's a lot cuter than me or Alan Gottlieb, I guarantee it!) ;)

And she brought her son along, strictly for a learning experience, I'm sure. :D

When this is over, we may all owe Monica a debt of gratitude we may not be able to repay.

Now, in the meantime...and Monica certainly saw some of the players...

Will demonstration in House gallery lead to new rules?

A small demonstration yesterday in the Washington State House gallery by about 15 gun rights activists could become a big headache for Second Amendment advocates, as lawmakers are reportedly now considering a change in rules for armed citizens, the Associated Press and KOMO News are reporting.

<broken link removed>

Well boyz-n-girlz.... Give a shout out to the loveliest member of the audience on Thursday! (She's a lot cuter than me or Alan Gottlieb, I guarantee it!) ;)

And she brought her son along, strictly for a learning experience, I'm sure. :D

When this is over, we may all owe Monica a debt of gratitude we may not be able to repay.

Now, in the meantime...and Monica certainly saw some of the players...

Will demonstration in House gallery lead to new rules?

A small demonstration yesterday in the Washington State House gallery by about 15 gun rights activists could become a big headache for Second Amendment advocates, as lawmakers are reportedly now considering a change in rules for armed citizens, the Associated Press and KOMO News are reporting.

<broken link removed>

HA! No shouting please, just go spread the word from my FB page-or your own page, if you have one...c'mon, guys, it's easy to hit a couple of buttons and help spread it around--let's do whatever we can to change the public perception of I-594...

Don't just complain....Let's MOVE!!!!:s0026:;)o_O:)

New rules eh? How dare the serfs assert their rights before their legislative masters.

What happened Thursday is being pretty heavily criticized by a lot of gun owners, including people who were there. I covered the event. I heard complaints from some people who were in the main crowd that there was a bit of sloppy gun handling.

I didn't notice, but I was kind of busy shooting photos and taking notes. The fact that others noticed, including people I know (and that includes a couple of Open Carry advocates and daily practitioners) and have found their judgments to be pretty solid.

Don't pull this "serfs" versus "masters" argument. It doesn't wash. It smacks of living in denial.

If you can't acknowledge that maybe, just maybe, some of our guys didn't leave a good impression...indeed, a bad enough impression that this happened...maybe you're not being intellectually honest with yourself.

Just saying.

Good impression? They could have been picture perfect and odds are the media and politicians would still demonize them. All due to a few protesters with supposedly unsafe handling practices?

Dave, what they did was legal and it just scared the WA senators. So they banned it. Its an excuse. The emperor has no clothes!? How dare you say that! Sounds a lot like all gun controllers and laws like 594. Ban open carry, it scares me! Then its ban all carry. They've already started with 594, a law so open ended its not enforceable unless they get the will do it and then "hey, its the law".

You're side in this debate is acting like it is still the 1960's and its going to be the same reactions to the Black Panthers in CA when the situation is quite different. Oh the government is reacting the same but I think you make a grave mistake in thinking the populace will react the same.

Good impression? They could have been picture perfect and odds are the media and politicians would still demonize them. All due to a few protesters with supposedly unsafe handling practices?

Dave, what they did was legal and it just scared the WA senators. So they banned it. Its an excuse. The emperor has no clothes!? How dare you say that! Sounds a lot like all gun controllers and laws like 594. Ban open carry, it scares me! Then its ban all carry. They've already started with 594, a law so open ended its not enforceable unless they get the will do it and then "hey, its the law".

You're side in this debate is acting like it is still the 1960's and its going to be the same reactions to the Black Panthers in CA when the situation is quite different. Oh the government is reacting the same but I think you make a grave mistake in thinking the populace will react the same.

First, I open carry a pistol regularly. So let me be clear that I support O/C.

Having said that, there are smart ways and dumb ways to O/C and I've always been uncomfortable with O/C rifles, because they serve no rational defensive purpose (Long guns are not a good choice for defending against a criminal attack). And because of the intimidation factor.

I think trying to poo-poo the intimidation factor is a mistake. A person who might feel marginally uncomfortable seeing my O/C pistol in a holster might feel genuinely threatened by my O/C of a rifle.

I'm all for standing up for rights. But there are ways to do that which are inherently confrontational and MEANT to instill fear. And that is my beef with the rifle o/c people.

SCARING people is not a good way to get our message across. And that's exactly how the demonstration in question was received. An intentionally confrontational and tacitly threatening piece of protest.

We got what anyone could have predicted. Thanks a lot, I can no longer carry my o/c pistol into the chamber. How did that help us again?

Unfolding debate: Do rifle-toting activists help or hurt 2A effort?

In the wake of Friday's announcement that the Washington State Senate will no longer allow open carry of firearms in its gallery, a debate has erupted in the firearms community as to whether long gun open carry demonstrations advance or hurt the Second Amendment cause.

<broken link removed>

Long gun demonstrations hurt the Second Amendment cause, period. It immediately hurt the Salem protest a few years ago and it immediately hurt the Olympia protest.
Nothing good can come from pictures of men, women and kids doing a photo op inside or outside of the Capitol buildings with long guns.
The knee jerk reaction of the anti's is to call for legislators to take away our rights because it causes a negative emotional reaction to those who fears guns. Exactly what will it take for gun owners begin to understand this and change course?

Long gun demonstrations hurt the Second Amendment cause, period. It immediately hurt the Salem protest a few years ago and it immediately hurt the Olympia protest.
Nothing good can come from pictures of men, women and kids doing a photo op inside or outside of the Capitol buildings with long guns.
The knee jerk reaction of the anti's is to call for legislators to take away our rights because it causes a negative emotional reaction to those who fears guns. Exactly what will it take for gun owners begin to understand this and change course?
Gun Owners aren't the problem here. It's a tiny percentage that think (for God knows what reason) that scaring people and making politicians feel at risk somehow helps the cause.

As I tell every class I have ever taught: "Scared sheep make no reasonable policy. DON'T scare the sheep."

Carrying longarms into the statehouse doesn't "educate" anyone. It's an act that is DESIGNED AND INTENDED to instill fear.

Fear helps no one. We already have enough of that, we certainly don't need to INSTILL it.

I have to agree: they hurt way more than they helped. If all they did was stay home and write a $10,000 check to Bloomberg, they would have done less damage for the 2nd amendment cause that day. They could have made their point as gentlemen.

Just remember: decide if your actions are going to help or hurt your cause, and then act accordingly. Especially when the other side is being antagonistic.

Who was the mad max idiot with the ar pistol on a sling and finger over the trigger ,complete with drop holster and trench coat? He was walking into the gallery at the capital
Just the poster boy we need for these times. Not what I want representing me.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top