JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What do you think?

Three wrongful death claims against Olympic National Park totaling more than $10 million have been filed by survivors of mountain goat attack victim Bob Boardman of Port Angeles, and this might have been avoided if the National Park Service (NPS) had taken some advice more than two decades ago from a certain outdoor writer who suggested a special hunting season in the park to thin the goat herd.

<broken link removed>

A sport hunt in ONP is not going to happen. No need to waste bandwith having a serious discussion on it. Now if you just want to talk theory all day then have at it.

I read that (I'm not making this up) the goats have been more and more attracted to the trails because people have been urinating near them and the goats like to lick the salt. They're asking that people don't urinate near trails anymore.

I read that (I'm not making this up) the goats have been more and more attracted to the trails because people have been urinating near them and the goats like to lick the salt. They're asking that people don't urinate near trails anymore.

I've actually heard the same thing, might be something to consider for those venturing into their territory. 3 friends of mine hiked Mt. Elenor this weekend and encountered a few goats, 1 with 2 kids but they didn't have any issues.

I don't see this attack as much different than someone invading my space not giving way. I mean it was/is his backyard. If it had been a bear that guy would have backed off and got the heck out of there.
Ed

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top