JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Per the idjiots who went into the legislation sessions, while packing long guns, I have ~Mixed Opinions~ ... Had they Only carried, fine

Adding Gas Masks was over the line... That obscures both their vision (BTDT) and conceals Identity:

1. I believe in that area, Full facial recognition is ~Polite~.... Be Polite, and carry open: OK

2. I get nervous around "Masked Man". So do most others!!!!!

philip :confused:

Call it bickering if you will, but I refuse to support or promote the idea of open carry of long guns, at the ready position , into legislative sessions, restaurants, and other crowded public places as a way to promote gun owners as responsible people. I take this seriously. This is a fight to maintain our constitutional rights. I will not be a part of demonstration by people acting like adolescents with a chip on their shoulders.

So if I understand you correctly, you object to their 'method'. IMO, that's fine because that is an opinion.

My question to you and others of similiar opinion is this: Do you support their right to carry in those places?

So if I understand you correctly, you object to their 'method'. IMO, that's fine because that is an opinion.

My question to you and others of similiar opinion is this: Do you support their right to carry in those places?

You have the right to be the most obnoxious person you can be, if that's what you want. You have the right to walk around in azzless chaps if you think that will make people think that you're a responsible role model. You have the right to do something stupid, even when you clearly saw that the result of the last people doing it was to goad the legislature into passing laws against that behavior. I have the right to tell you that I think you're a jerk and acting against our cause by doing so. Children playing bad azz operator in the halls of the state capitol, because they have the right to do so, are not going to win hearts and minds! That clear enough for you?

I do not support their right to want the public to think all gun owners are in favor of their methods.
A method by the way that is ridiculous and totally uncalled for.

Call it bickering if you will, but I refuse to support or promote the idea of open carry of long guns, at the ready position , into legislative sessions, restaurants, and other crowded public places as a way to promote gun owners as responsible people. I take this seriously. This is a fight to maintain our constitutional rights. I will not be a part of demonstration by people acting like adolescents with a chip on their shoulders.
Pirate; first off I appreciate your view, that's the beauty of us all being different. Or sometimes the same views. I personally choose not to open carry as I type this. Now tomorrow that could change! I am trying to be as politically correct as possible without getting this thread shut down, read between the lines. Sex & drugs are in our face 24/7, providing propaganda for us to decide what we accept, or don't accept. When someone chooses to open carry, you suggest they are adolescents with a chip on their shoulders. I don't see it that way. All of our constitutional rights have been under attack daily. A lot of people are fed up with it, then they choose to open carry as a statement. Not to intimidate others, just to prove they can have a firearm on their person, without shooting others. As the media likes to portray a different view. Whether a person is OC, or CC. Really, what's the difference, the vast majority of firearm owners have proven themselves responsible. I'm not putting words in your mouth, however I am sure your reply will be."they are making us look bad." The only thing making us look bad is that we are not standing up against our constitution being destroyed!

Last Edited:
I would just like to add, if second amendment supporters do something deemed unacceptable They take more rights away. If we don't do anything, they still take more rights away. If we do everything right, they still take more rights away.

Last Edited:
Non gun owners likely see this sort of OC demonstration as an intimidation tactic. Remember, probably over 50 % of our current politicians have never handled a gun and "know" they are evil. What I find really ridiculous is the WA Supreme won't strike down the Initiative 594 because they lean heavily left now but they have previously ignored or ruled against the people's initiative...car tabs most obviously.

I freely admit I do not have a solution. I vote conservatively and I civilly disobey.....Everything else is devoted to keeping body and soul together.

Brutus Out

You have the right to be the most obnoxious person you can be, if that's what you want. You have the right to walk around in azzless chaps if you think that will make people think that you're a responsible role model. You have the right to do something stupid, even when you clearly saw that the result of the last people doing it was to goad the legislature into passing laws against that behavior. I have the right to tell you that I think you're a jerk and acting against our cause by doing so. Children playing bad azz operator in the halls of the state capitol, because they have the right to do so, are not going to win hearts and minds! That clear enough for you?

It was a (civil) 'yes' or 'no' question.

Last Edited:
A lot of people are fed up with it, then they choose to open carry as a statement. Not to intimidate others,

and yet that never happens does it?.......they are always intimidated.......& doing the same FAILING tactics over & over is the definition of insanity....& all this group wants to do is argue if its their right or not....just because your right doesnt mean its the smartest approach....and in this case clearly its not working

Last Edited:
It was a (civil) 'yes' or 'no' question.
Let's be clear that we're talking about open carry of long arms at the state capitol when the legislature is in session. The way in which the rifles were carried suggested a ready position. Not sure of the purpose of those specific people, but it was perceived as threatening, or at the least, disturbing. When there is no threat present, we simply don't act this way in a civilized society.

This is not the same as general open carry and I think we need to keep the two separate.

As to being civil, I purposely took the answer to the extreme to make my point. I realize now that it was insulting, and that going that far was wrong. My apologies for that aspect of my remarks.

Actually, nobody has the right to be as obnoxious as they can be, unless the rest of us have the unfettered right to beat the holy living $#!+ out of them for being obnoxious. ;)
Sometimes, being "told" that one is being a jerk is not enough. An object lesson seems appropriate at times to sort of drive the message home.
At least, in my kingdom that would be the case.
Anyone want to make me the benevolent king? No? Nada? :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads