JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've browsed Ole's a handful of times, but I haven't bought a gun from him as of yet. I have picked up some odds and ends, however. Interestingly, I have to Google/map the place every time I want to go; it's a bit more than tricky to find the place, especially the first time you go.

Very nice couple to deal with. Ditto on the more room in the front.
If you are looking for something in particular, most likely to find it there.

Don't want to over do the praises due to the rush it may cause.:rolleyes:

Stopped by Ole's this past weekend. They were the only folks in town who had 9mm self-defense ammo in stock, or at least that I could easily locate; they also had an ample of .380 ACP on hand (Magtech in 50-round boxes). The place was packed, but I was still able to conduct a transaction in a few minutes time.

Stopped by Ole's this past weekend. They were the only folks in town who had 9mm self-defense ammo in stock, or at least that I could easily locate; they also had an ample of .380 ACP on hand (Magtech in 50-round boxes). The place was packed, but I was still able to conduct a transaction in a few minutes time.

How much were the .380's?

Ive been going into Oles for years and always will, great service. The only downside is the gunsmith they have in the back. Ive had him do a couple small things for me like a trigger job etc and thought he did a terrible job. Ill continue going to Oles, but Ill never let their gunsmith work on my guns again. They are seperate businesses.

Ole's is rarely NOT packed,... But they have what I need most times I go there. If they don't have it they get it for me. They are just plain old great folks. Ole and Corrine both.
Great place.
Is Kevin the 'smith you had a problem with 284guy??
He has done some work for me and all is well.

My experience: I wanted to add Trijicon Night Sights to my Glock 9mm, Model 17, so I bought them my local dealer where I had purchased the gun. Called Ole's to get the installation cost, and was quoted $65.00. When I asked why so high (because I had heard that others charge $10 to $20) I was told it was due to the risk of damage to the Trijicons. That makes it sound like the 'smith was going to use a punch and hammer to drift them on. I ended up buying a sight pusher for $100 and installing them myself. Now I have the sight pusher to make adjustments, or to loan out to friends. Maybe I'll rent it out to recover part of the high cost. I've since found a couple of places that will install Trijicons for $10, or free if you get the sights there.

VERY friendly. Both Ole and Corrine. If they're not crowded, both have spent quite a bit of time explaining things I didn't know/understand (especially Ole - he loves to talk).

If they don't have it, they'll order it.

Prices - I've compared all over, including online. Figuring in shipping and transfer fees, they're cheaper than most on average. When they're higher, after figuring in gas to somewhere with a lower price, I'm better off buying at Ole's. (This is for guns, accessories they tend to be a bit higher on.)
Their gun prices mostly run between 13% and 17% off MSRP.
Ammo is cheaper at Bi-Mart or WalMart - no surprise there - but Ole's has a lot bigger variety.

Yes, they are open only 4 days a week. Bear in mind that Ole is retired and over 65. I can live with the hours. Sure don't want to go to Guncrafters if I can avoid it.

They are very nice, but as i've said before, know your prices before you go shopping.

I wanted another magazine for my pistol. Online they cost $15 but i didn't want to pay $10 shipping. So i went to Ole's and he said he'd be glad to sell me a magazine... for $45. I said "no thank you" and went to see Mick at MLC Class III who sold me a mag for $20.

:s0155:I shop here a good deal of the time. They are honest and have great customer service. If you want cheap. they are not but they ahve a good selection, they are local sportsman, and fair priceing. I have had serveral guns built by their gunsmith Kevin and found him to do excellentwork.
I wouold highley recomend him for any cuctome buld you consider. they have been in salem for a long time And I hope they stick for a lot longer.....

Ive been going into Oles for years and always will, great service. The only downside is the gunsmith they have in the back. Ive had him do a couple small things for me like a trigger job etc and thought he did a terrible job. Ill continue going to Oles, but Ill never let their gunsmith work on my guns again. They are seperate businesses.

If you had a problem with kevins work did you take it back to him? I'm sure he would correct any problems you have, I've had him do many task for me and been very pleased with his craftsmanship. He inletted my rifle for a detachable mag. and did a A1job, he built a custome rifle for myself ,my wife , and my buddy and all are ace.....

Had a problem with reloading my .380 brass. The bullets are almost semi-wadcutter noses and the RCBS dies were digging in at the edges and pulling every bullet out of the case when I was seating them.

Kevin, the gunsmith at Ole's, took the seater, remilled the end for me (while I waited even) and didn't charge me a penny. It works great now.

Can't beat free service that gives you an almost instant fix for your problem. Guess you know where I'm going the next time I have a problem.:s0155:

Ole's Gun Store is awesome, I came in there looking for a glock 26 and she had none. She then called up another store who happend to have a mint used one in stock got a price and address and directions for me. I dont know many other guns stores who would do this, the entire time she was happy to anwser all of our questions and kept a smile on her face I will always give them a call when gun shopping, Thanks Ole's :).

Well I think these folks are great! I have been buying guns and supplies from them for 25+ years. Its nice to go to a Mom and Pop store, I like supporting local stores anyway. they have a great gunsmith Kevin whom has built the two most accurate rifles i have ever owned.....Ole's gets A#1 from me.

Well I think these folks are great! I have been buying guns and supplies from them for 25+ years. Its nice to go to a Mom and Pop store, I like supporting local stores anyway. they have a great gunsmith Kevin whom has built the two most accurate rifles i have ever owned.....Ole's gets A#1 from me.

2X, Ole is a great guy. Sadly I moved to the West, off of Kings Valley Hwy and don't get over there any more.

I almost gave a 4/Very Good, but then I thought about it and really couldn't think any reason to dock the shop.

Here's how my experience went.

My first time in. I had heard from some that there was excellent customer service to be had from Ole's. I'd also heard that the man was a jerk and if you didn't know what you were talking about then don't expect much. So I wasn't sure what to expect.

On a scale of 1-10 as far as gun expertise goes, I'm towards the lower end. I've qualified in the military (years ago) and I've owned a few different firearms, and I've hunted, and shot many different pistols, but I'm not as deep into guns as a lot of people are.

I've been shopping for a particular gun for a little while, plus I've got two more very common guns lined up on my wish list that I'll probably buy in the next couple months.

I arrived right as they opened. Maybe 5 minutes later. I expressed that I was undecided between two guns. What I didn't say was that I was leaning heavily towards one in particular. He quickly shot down both the guns I was interested in and suggested another one. One that I had already considered and ruled out due to personal preferences. I listened to what he had to say... inspected the recommended weapon and communicated that I wasn't interested due to personal preferences. Up to this point I would have described his behavior has gruff. but hey.. they guys is like 80 years old. When I'm 80 years old... I intend to do and act however the _________ I want to. So I don't fault the guy for it. :)

He told me he didn't have the one I wanted in stock, but could order it for me. I asked him to price it out and it was EXACTLY the same price that I had seen at Cabelas in Springfield. So... not cheap, but at least not OVER priced where I could buy it elsewhere.

After that we went on to talk about the other two guns I wanted. Both of which he had in stock and available for me to put my hands on. One of which is a rifle and we discussed semi-auto vs bolt and "fun" vs "accuracy". He told me a couple funny stories and had me laughing and for a moment I almost felt like I was at a bar sharing a beer with the wise old guy sitting two stools down from me. :)

He never pushed me, and when I exposed my naivete he didn't condescend. He was very, VERY informative and helpful and explained some things to me that I didn't know.

While I was in the shop another customer came in and advised me that he thought the tire on my car was low on air pressure. Later.. when I was leaving... Ole told me.. "bring your car around back here, and I'll fill your tire... at least get you to the service station". When I checked my tire, I didn't think it was really that low so I didn't take him up on his offer. But he could have easily just wished me luck and sent me on my way. This is worth big points in my book.

I would have bought my gun from him, but 1.) he didn't have it in stock 2.) I know there is a significant wait to get one, and 3.) I found one in stock somewhere else. Sorry.

However, I do intend to buy my other guns from from him in the future. So, for me.. overall... 5 stars.

The shop is tiny, and I'm sure there is high demand for his attention. Plus the guy is around 80 years old (100% a guess on my part) so I imagine he doesn't sugar coat much. Having said all that.. I enjoyed the time I spent in there. I like that he's a private shop owner and not a big box store. And I love that he offered to help me with my tire. That's service that I'm sure he was used to getting back in the day that we just don't see much anymore.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads